Zen question

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a Zen Revisited and Bride of Zen Question-
I'm at work now and I don't have the Zen revisited and Bride of Zen articles in front of me. But if I remember the Zen revisited needs 3.0 volts to be driven to full power if two amps are paralleled. But, again if my memory serves me correct, the Bride of Zen maxs output is 2.5 volts.
So my question is can the BOZ provide more output voltage if maybe the rail voltage is raise?
:cool:

Wolf,

Really nice looking Zen !! Congratulations ! What kind of wood did you use ? Did you order the engraved plates or did you make them ?

Don't know why your LEDs don't work ... I have Zen monoblocks since 4 or 5 years now, with Power On leds between the fins of the front heatsinks, and they keep glowing strong despite the heat... Here are the beasts (along with my old BoZ). Notice the wood is underneath :D

Attachments

• photo1.jpg
    photo1.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 729
Hi François,

>What kind of wood did you use ?
Its european cherry
>Did you order the engraved plates or did you make them ?
I am not a great metal worker like harry Potter or you or all the others. So i had to found someone who will make it for me :D
The lettering and all plates were made with a CNC machine you can find more information at:
http://www.schaeffer-apparatebau.de/index.htm

Your zen is very nice, but why did you use 3 Heatsinks? Ok, i see it looks very cool, but.. ;)

Reinhard

Reinhard,

In fact, each monoblock contains a double Zen... Two paralelled current sources and two gain mosfets, biased @ 2 Amps each... I also increased the supply voltage a little bit. Thus dissipation has also increased :) And you must heatsink the rectifier bridge too... So, three heatsinks is the minimum in my case (pun time). It's not to look cool, but to look hot :D

Attachments

• photo4.jpg
    photo4.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 682
Hey W.O.L.F.-
Thanks for the web site about the fancy style speaker connectors but the web site is all in German and all I know is a little Cajun French so if you could maybe point to the word or words for those connectors, that would be a BIG help.
Thanks
:cool:

fancy style speaker connectors....

Hi,

on a photo of Nelsons X 600 i found the same conenectors, ok he uses both black, but i think they are the same. See:
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

perhaps he can help you (and its cheaper -> no shipping costs from germany).:D

But here is what you need:

The name of the connectors is : »K 220«
Orderumber for red one is: 1347229
Orderumber for black one is: 1347227
Price is 9,92€ for one connector (not a pair!).

I can write the email for you, mail me if you need help :)

Reinhard

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.