• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

youtube - tubes!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Re: Help please.

rcavictim said:
With a slooooooow dial up the only way I can watch U-tube videos is to downlodad them taking sometimes an hour or more. After investing that much time I would like to save the `movie` on my hard drive. I use Windoz XP Pro. Can anyone tell me please how I can save the movie file? Do I have to be a member or something for that option to present itself to me?

http://vixy.net/

Hello,

regarding Mr. Sakuma's work. Do you find a particular reason for using output transformers with 16ohms windings for his push-pull phono preamplifiers ? I mean, those push-pull 841 drivers followed by 300B's are configured like a power stage in an amplifier. If you look here you will find that almost all his push-pull preamplifiers are using this kind of output transformer.

Is headroom and ultimate dynamics the reason for this extreme design? And if yes, why not using an output transformer with a secondary winding mathing the input transformers he is using in his power-amplifiers (usualy 150ohm primary)?

I remember reading a review about the First Watt F4 buffer on 6moons. In that particular review, Srajan Eaban tried lot's of configurations for driving the F4. I think he used 2 or 3 preamplifiers ( with WE101 output tubes!) and even the Yamamoto SE integrated amplifier (with 45 output tubes) loaded with a resistor. All this time the AMR hybrid amplifier (5871 tubes driving mosfet output stage) was set for comparison.
The reviewer felt like setting a new benchmark reference with the combo Yamamoto SE (former award-wining) driving the F4. This aproach is remarkably close to Sakuma designs above.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.