Your pick for best regulator needed for -5V 30mA

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I think I have not been clear. I'm not using the follower so the right side of the schematic doesn't exist in my situation. The signal output is just taken from C10. The 70V and -5V must power the IV board (on the left of the schematic. Sorry for the confusion, I'm not using the right side of the linked schematic. So I understand whee the 70V PLUS and the -5V leads connect to, but I don't know where to land the 70V NEG and the GND REF from the -5V board on the IV.

Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
O.K. :) Yes I think I understand you. Zero volts in your DAC (ground) is our audio ground and our zero "reference" point. The audio out ground ( shown with C10 ) connects to this ground in the DAC. The drawing I did is still applicable. The negative of the 70 volt rail connects to this same "audio ground". The "ground reference" as you call it on the -5 volt supply is the positive end of the 180 mfd ( was it 180?) cap.
Does that help or not. Remember the ground in the DAC is what we call our true ground, this has to connect to the output socket ground. The neg of the 70 volt supply connects here as does the "pos" of your new supply.

Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
Same picture bit more info.

Attachments

• layout.jpg
    layout.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 263
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.