your most impressive cheap fullrange 3-4" (low bass)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
AYE ! C'MON GUYS !!!

Why you laugh at me !!!??? :mad:

Exemple = BOSE reach to get good results with a VERY CHEAP speaker.

Okay okay I don't search to make 100dB at 20hz with 3-4" driver I'm not idiot !!!

I just want to know your best result with one small driver !?

Exemple Fullrange ; HI-VI RESEARCH C3N-III or B3N or

Thanks in advance :) !

nicK

OK, ok, maybe I was a little too hard on you there. A 3" to 4" speaker is probably not going to be able to reproduce frequencies below 80Hz or so and this is kind of what I consider "bass". Also the SPL@1W for most very small wideband full rangers is low, around 80dB (or less if it can reproduce bass). Also keep in mind that any bass that does come out of the driver will likely be at very high distortion. It's just the nature of the physics at work here.

One way that you can get more bass output is to put the tiny driver in a HUGE horn, but IMHO that approach is getting a little absurd.

If instead of using words you used numbers (SPL, Hz, etc.) to convey the desired or expected response from this hypothetical driver we could talk about what is and what isn't possible or practical.

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Any 3" capable of bass are going to be level challenged (and likely need a big box).

When i read the 1st post, the driver that poppedinto my head was the EL70, unfortuneatly only found in people's closets and maybe a bit pricey for "cheap"

Capable of reaching into the low 40s and play reasonably loud in a 13 litre box.

dave

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.