Your ideal "ChipAmp", unlimited budget

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I tried a higher than 24VDc with my battery P/S, didnt sound as good , rather harsh.And yes its a NIGC LM3875 .Shunted 50K alps pots,plain ole carbon resistors (good nuff for 47 labs).22k/680 ohm feedback loop,6.8 Uf mylar caps on the P/S pins.
All i can say is for a larger investment it may sound better, but its at the point where the sound pleases me to a great degree and combined with the fostex Fe-206e TQWT (soon to be a rear loaded front firing horn of my own desgn) is rather mind blowing and probably the best sound i have heard in the (commercial) below 10K$ class for an amp/speaker combo.I tried the Fe-168e sigma and sorry, it has some Fr curve problems that need a notch filter and then the life goes out of sound.
All in all, after i get the horns built i really see no need for further advancement.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.