Your favorite live rock CD?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Yup..!
u guys might be thinking who the hell this is ...!!
well just got tagged couple of days bk...

very difficult to locate albums in this part of the world...
i hv two which might just fit into this classification...
NIRVANA unplugged and
EAGLES live...

i'm very impressed by the mastering of NIRVANA ..the rendition of the comments made by the audience and all is quite nice.....quite a live experience indeed...and kurt is just there...very natural i feel...!

Eagles...i do like it but at times i feel the applause and the works sound a bit artificial...do they...??
its just a personal view point though...:)

Alot of good ones! Can't pick favorites, so I'll just try and add a couple newer ones, even though I love the old stuff.

Tragically hip- Live between us (Canadian rockers- Find them!)

Government Mule- Live with a little help from our freinds (excellent recording! Southern rock at it's finest)

Natalie Merchant_ Live in New York - Small venue, beautiful recording

And hey, let's not forget the guys that started this whole "unplugged" thing:
Tesla- Five man acoustic jam

I love live, direct 2 track recordings, minimally mixed- like most of the 60's blue note stuff, but a newer one that's excellent is:
Big Head Todd and the monsters- Songs from a midnight radio.
Very real recordings. When I build a new speaker, this is usually the first one in, or Billie's best (Holliday, that is). The way music should be recorded! Image depth=wow. Ignore this last one if you want a presentation that seems like you've got you're ear on the guitar, or you're head in the piano though.
regards, Jason

NIRVANA NIRVANA NIRVANA NIRVANA NIRVANA

That and i have PinkFloyd Live The Wall. PANTARA Live 101 Hell Ya Oh does anyone know if MotorHead has i live cd??? must have:drool:

Attachments

• 002_6123_a[1].jpg
    002_6123_a[1].jpg
    2.5 KB · Views: 159
One for Peter Daniel

Die Toten Hosen: Bis Zum Bitteren Ende

but please put the effort in to find it on vinyl, so much more life than the cd version (even on my parents crappy 3 in 1).

A brilliant live album, you can almost feel the crowdsurfers and smell the beer.

Also fond of Deep Purple "Nobody's Perfect"

hope my image attachment works...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.