Yikes, what are these cabinets?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Re: Re: Re: thanks.

blumenco said:
what does that mean? other than the bruce part. assuming bruce edgar.

BA stands for Big A-s-s. Bruce is the Spawn BVR (Big Vent Reflex) for 8" drivers.

Scott & i are working on one for the Emenabe 12LTA -- a pair of which were donated to the frugal-horn site (thanx George) and which i just happen to have a set of phase plugs & a choice of helper tweeters for.

dave

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Here is a visualization of one of the Bruces under construction to give you an idea,

curveyBruceS.jpg

dave

I like it. Easy curves to do with a router. one template for the middle bit and a big circle cutting jig for the curves at the back. Thick sides with tracks cut into them. For the rest rip up a bunch of cheap planks into sticks on the table saw. You could even calculate the angle and cut trapezoidal sticks.
would 3/4 thick pine be suitable for the curves?

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Don't know if 3/4" would be sufficient (i'm not the master woodworker) I just generated drawings and the visulaization.

Jerry (in Alert Bay) is building these out of treated 1 1/2" solid cedar. The curves are all going to be precut trapezoids barrell-staved togther

The CC is larger than needed and will need irregular shapes/solid fill inside to bring the volume back down.

dave

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.