9_zpsb8cd73bb.jpg

10_zps24ef201d.jpg

and here's my modules placement plan.

SANY0308_zpsd1970025.jpg

SANY0310_zps60327750.jpg

Will do the wirings soon.

Junie

XxX

Programmer arrived today and going to try it out (need to change isp on the veroboard)
FarmTech can you please help ?
Please remove from this file the following bits:
Everything related to the volume control.
Change the input selector from 6 to 4 inputs.
Please leave the file in .bas so I can try to understand the changes and learn something.
For now that's it
Volume control is going to be with relays but need to see how many free pins are left.

Thanks
Ric

PS: can't attach file gives invalid file error (.bas and .rar)

Last edited:
Programmer arrived today and going to try it out (need to change isp on the veroboard)
FarmTech can you please help ?
Please remove from this file the following bits:
Everything related to the volume control.
Change the input selector from 6 to 4 inputs.
Please leave the file in .bas so I can try to understand the changes and learn something.
For now that's it
Volume control is going to be with relays but need to see how many free pins are left.

Thanks
Ric

PS: can't attach file gives invalid file error (.bas and .rar)

Hi Ric,

Pm from you don't show up maybe it delete ?
I see I got post from you but no post

I need to know a bit more about your setup
Is your setup only a 4 ch input select with Ir remote ?
is the setup same pins ?

can you give me this info or better a sch of how you have connectet the m8515
you can sent it to my email farmtech(at)has(dot)dk

Hi Kim
No, no PGA210 or 11
The schematic I'm using is the one from Krojo in page 77/80 (post 797).
The difference is that I will be using relays for the volume control and apart from that everything else is unchanged.
I want to try the remote control but don't know the fuses to program on the 8515.
Going to play with the rats nest that is going to be a preamp.

Ric

test files

Hi Kim
No, no PGA210 or 11
The schematic I'm using is the one from Krojo in page 77/80 (post 797).
The difference is that I will be using relays for the volume control and apart from that everything else is unchanged.
I want to try the remote control but don't know the fuses to program on the 8515.
Going to play with the rats nest that is going to be a preamp.

Ric

Hi Ric,

here is a test version no volume as in post #797
FUSEBITS : LOW = E4 HIGH = D9 (int. RC osc 8Mhz) No crystal needed

AVR FUSEBIT CALCULATOR select your chip

Attachments

• RS232.zip
    12.5 KB · Views: 118
Last edited:
Hello guys. What a great thread I'd say. I'm planning to build a simple preamp control module with IR remote control using RC5 code. What I need is only power ON/OFF and volume UP/Down. I have used the source code posted HERE by danzup. I've modified the code to suit my needs because I'm using Atmega ATTINY26L. However my codding capabilities are not that good(poor I'd say) so I will need some help.

At the moment I can only switch power ON/OFF using the remote. However I need to be able to do this by a push-button mounted on the front panel. So what I need is to configure the microcontroller to read a short impulse at some oh its pins and switch the power relay ON/OFF. I don't need debouncing. The impulse will be generated using a simple 555 timer circuit.

Here is the code I'm using - LINK

Regards, Venci

Hello guys. What a great thread I'd say. I'm planning to build a simple preamp control module with IR remote control using RC5 code. What I need is only power ON/OFF and volume UP/Down. I have used the source code posted HERE by danzup. I've modified the code to suit my needs because I'm using Atmega ATTINY26L. However my codding capabilities are not that good(poor I'd say) so I will need some help.

At the moment I can only switch power ON/OFF using the remote. However I need to be able to do this by a push-button mounted on the front panel. So what I need is to configure the microcontroller to read a short impulse at some oh its pins and switch the power relay ON/OFF. I don't need debouncing. The impulse will be generated using a simple 555 timer circuit.

Here is the code I'm using - LINK

Regards, Venci

Hi Venci,
What pins will you use for buttons ??
Power on/off button pin
volume up button pin
volume down pin

do your 555 set (high) when you use it as volume or Reset (LOW) ?

how long puls you sent ?
we can use bitwait pin , set / reset so it only turn volume up down 1 time pr puls

here is what I will do :
Use porta
set pins LOW so you trigger with HIGH puls
pin 0 power on/off
pin 1 Volume UP
pin 2 Volume Down

see bas

Attachments

• CONTROL_FOR_PREAMP_ATTINY26L_buttons.zip
    1.3 KB · Views: 192
Last edited:
Hi FarmTech,
you are in a great help. i think this code will do excellent job. However I don't need to control volume up/down by any buttons. After all I could just turn the ALPS pot to the right on left :D

I guess that makes porta.1 and porta.2 redundant. However I could still use this to make a "full digital" control for my preamp and not put a volume knob at the front panel at all :D

From what I see the HIGH impulse coming from the 555 timer must be at least 500ms. Am I correct? That would be no problem. I could set the correct time with a simple mono stable operation of the 555 timer.

Hi FarmTech,
you are in a great help. i think this code will do excellent job. However I don't need to control volume up/down by any buttons. After all I could just turn the ALPS pot to the right on left :D

I guess that makes porta.1 and porta.2 redundant. However I could still use this to make a "full digital" control for my preamp and not put a volume knob at the front panel at all :D

From what I see the HIGH impulse coming from the 555 timer must be at least 500ms. Am I correct? That would be no problem. I could set the correct time with a simple mono stable operation of the 555 timer.

Hi,
I don't know why you have timer 555 in you'r setup
the buttons for power vol like this :
Buttons_tiny26.PNG

If you dont need buttons for volume just delete code :
'Volume UP puls HIGH
If Pina.1 = 1 Then
Call Volup
'Bitwait Pina.1 , Reset
End If
'Volume DOWN puls HIGH
If Pina.2 = 1 Then
Call Voldn
'Bitwait Pina.2 , Reset
End If

the volume will work via Remote if you connect alps as Danzup show in the post #7

Attachments

• ATTINY26_buttons.zip
    4.2 KB · Views: 109
Last edited:
Thanks FarmTech
I was hoping do see the modified .bas file but this is OK.
Going to give up for now, can get the programer (USBASP) to connect to the atmega.
Tried Ponyprog, avrstudio, winavr, extreme burner and a free version from bascom avr and nothing.
Going to look for a serial programer.

Ric