Yet another Volume controlers and source selections

Attachments

• M8535_SHUNT_R_2R_LCD_V2.1.zip
    9 KB · Views: 275
PGA2310 Gain bytes transmission sequence?

Hi to all
I am building a similar PGA2310 control like this of danzup, simply i use as host controller a PIC16F887 (i have only PIC programmers). From the timing figures of PGA2310 i can suppose that, the transmission sequence of Gain bytes from the host controller to the PGA2310 SDI is:
L0-L1-L2...-L7-R0-R1-R2...-R7 or Left channel bit0 first - Right channel bit7 last.
Is this sequence correct? Or is the inverse sequence correct?
Thanks for any information
Fotios

Lost reply

That was very funny :D
I received a reply from ------- (he knows, just from respect to him i don't refer his name) in my mail-box and from hurry i deleted the message without read it, because was from diyAudio. When i got into thread the reply was deleted! So, i pulled up the mail from the server of my ISP.
BTW, thanks ------- for the reply, you are very kind. Thanks for your suggestions, but i have proceed enough in my program that is some different from yours, because i use Latching relays and rotary encoder. This moment i am in the process to program the Balance control for PGA2310 and it remains to paste the remote control receiver software. I have all parts needed and i make PCBs at home.
Just i asked the receive sequence of Gain bytes from PGA2310 SDI to be sure. When my project completed, i can share it with you, no problem.
Thanks
Fotios

Fotios when i was writing the firmware i was reading the data sheet and implementing the protocol from there .
If you read my firmware you will understand .
If you need more help just say .
(Sorry I do not have time like those days , even on diyaudio I enter once a week now .)

i would like to make a volume bar graph on my LCD for my system. i had try to do it but when i push the button for the volume up the bar goes at the end with every push on the button.

Here is the code that i use for the volume up :

If Command = 16 Then
If Volume < 15 Then
Cls
Locate 1 , 2
Lcd " Volume: "
Incr Volume
Locate 1 , 11
Lcd Volume
Locate 2 , 2
For position = 1 To 16
For Bar = 2 To 6
Locate 2 , Position
Lcd Chr(bar)
'Waitms 700
Next
Next
Else
Locate 1 , 11
Lcd "MAX!"
End If
End If

Any ideas? (Im using bascom)

Hi all,

i have some problems with this attanuator (Farmtech software, R2R no VU). I have try software for ATmega16 and 32. The problems is when i use encoder. When I turn it quickly ATmega go to sleep or reset. Every time. I didnt try remote.

I use this encoder: http://home.comet.bg/datasheets/Buttons/ED1112S-ok.pdf

Is this problem with this encoder, should i have to chnage it for another, or i do something wrong?

This is PCB:

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Thanks in advance.

Boban

Last edited:
Encoders

Rotary encoders with detents have 2 different patterns (from those i have tried so far).
1) ALPS - BOURNS: In each detent position, both A and B outputs are 0V (LOW state). A small debounce space beside each detent position is also provided.
2) Panasonic: In each detent position, output A is either LOW or HI, while output B is not specified.
Your encoder has same pattern like Panasonic.
You must use a same pattern Encoder like this of Farmtech original project, unless you should change the program code.

Last edited:
Encoder Patterns

In the attached pic you can see for what i am talking. Both patterns are obtained with COM pin of encoder connected at +V.
The upper pattern is that produced from ALPS or BOURNS encoders. The blue vertical lines are detent positions. The red shaded area is the debounce time offered.
The lower pattern is that produced from Panasonic (and your own encoder). I hope you can understand why B output of encoder is not defined. It can be either HI(On) or LOW(Off) because its transition edge is located exactly at the detent line (position).
On my own view, ALPS pattern is most easily implemented in program code because its A & B outputs have fixed LOW(Off) state at detent positions.

Attachments

• Encoder Patterns.jpg
    Encoder Patterns.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 695
Hi Boban
Pinout of this encoder is:
Left pin = A switch
Center pin - Common terminal
Right pin = B switch
Try to connect A (Left pin) and B (Right pin) in inverse way on PCB, A in the place of B and B in the place of A.
Can you post the schematic please?
Fotis

Last edited: