Yet Another Aleph2!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Kenny !

Looks very neat.

Coments are very minor only. I probably would have cut your heat sink in half and mounted the halves side-by-side so the fins were vertical. You could have split the 6-FET sets into 3's with minimal extra wiring and in this format the heat dissipation would have been more efficient.

Having said that, you may well have enough heat sink so this doesn't matter, but the rating of 0.2C/W would have referred to vertical poisitioning, I think.

What is the heat-sink temp after an hour idle ?

As stated above, you may well like to add some additional PS capacitance, or even better, make Pi filters by adding some chokes between the line caps - you have plenty of room in the case.

And more importantly than anything else ...... are you happy with the sound ??

cheers
mark :)

Hi guys, thanks for the support!

mefinnis:
In my quest for "saving" money, I bought the sinks as u see them and later had them anodised. The specs say 0.2C/w per sink, i believe this refers to vertical mounting. By touch the sinks seem to dissipate the heat quite evenly, and settle at ~55C i think sufficient. But I think my bias is still too low......

Well, my psu is not the best there is, I gotta improve it when my finances allow me to! That said, my front panel is not really ready yet, even the LED isn't installed. I've just started burning in the amps, didn't seriously listen to them yet. One thing I'm puzzled is the bass seems a bit lacking coming from those huge amps quite ironic isn't it? Well, keep u guys posted and three cheers to Nelson Pass who made this all possible;)

Attachments

• a3.jpg
    a3.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 336
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.