Yet another Aleph 4

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Beautiful job. DIY at its finest..
I am interested in your choice of output transistor mounting, specifically the use of the additional pieces of mounting aluminum attached to the main sinks. Did you use thermal grease between them? Did you do this for convenience, and do you think it will influence the sound? I plan on doing a similar type thing on a some Wakefield extrusions for a pair of 2's.
Great Work!
Joe

Marvelous peace off work you delivered. Real beauty's.:bullseye:

What's the temp of the amp after warming up and playing at normal levels? Not to hot is presume.

Is the top pannel also thick aluminium? The same as the base, or just thin bruched aluminium.

And the most important thing : How is the sound?????????

SORRY for not responding as I was away for a day. First of all THANK you thank you thank you for all the compliments. I will try to answer as many question as I can and hope that by posting a more pictures is not going to be against the rules. :)

Here are the pics with blue LEDs, front side.
;)

Attachments

• p9230837.jpg
    p9230837.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 1,498
Robert

The rail voltage with 2x40V trany when loaded is round 50V since they are 1.5kV, no losses

wijgers

After hour the temperature gets around 62C and steady. I am still working on design for the top as it will be partially aluminum but with mesh incorporated.;)

buglehead

Here is the detail of IRF244 - mounting block

Trigon

Attachments

• output board 06.jpg
    output board 06.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 1,479
JOE DIRT® said:
thanks for the pics..dont know if I said they look good......wife says the front looks boring.."needs to be a wee bit more snappy"....oh well what do women know. .hehe;)

DIRT®

Clean kitchen do dishes FEED ME.. and little entertainment. : O ) thats all there suppose to know .

HEHE
: O)

JasonL

it is British Fidelity A100 Amplifier not preamplifier on the picture but I will go with my next project Aleph P 1.7 to complete this heaven of crystals and earthquakes " This is the only one way of explaining the sound of this 4s. SCARY sound I can tell and allways suprises you with some cracks or palps or bangs. weee
:nod:

But here is the pic of what is on the scene

Trigon

Attachments

• p9230844.jpg
    p9230844.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 1,451
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.