YAQIN SD-32A Tube CD/HDCD Player

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
That looks like a Sanyo head. You shouldn't have problems with these normally.

You pretty much have to install the head / mech the unit was designed for. Servo tuning could be different, and it needs to be aligned. You can't just stick a new mech in and expect it to perform well. It may work, but alignment makes a big difference.

I assume it is new? Have a good tech used to working on CD players look at it.

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Yeah ... CD lense cleaners. We're going to whip a soft, plastic lens with a brush at 500 RPM.

Use a lightly moistened Q-Tip (cotton swab, cardboard or wood stick, not plastic). Gently wipe the lens in the middle. Use IPA or Methyl Hydrate, maybe cleaner for glasses. A microfibre cloth has a far higher chance of scratching the lens. You also have to be gentle so you don't damage the suspension.

The only time cleaning a lens seems to work is when you have cigarette smoke or cooking oils heavy enough. This is a rare fix. Dust in itself would be a transient issue, the proximity of the spinning CD typically moves it away.

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
I wasn't speaking about myself in the plural. I did in fact read your comment. That is why I posted what I did.

You should never have "dust" stuck to anything unless you have an atmosphere with "sticky" in it (yuck!).

Your solution could more easily cause more damage to a laser head than most anything else. Also, as I pointed out, having anything stuck on a lens requires conditions I wouldn't want to live in. I service CD players and have since they came out. A dry lens will not pick up dust, it moves too much unless you have something that will stick the dust down. This would make dust heavy and it wouldn' , except by fluke, make it in to that area.

Doubling down on your ridiculous statements I see.
Out of curiosity, I know it looks like you referred to yourself in plural, but okay- who is the we're you typed in then?
Screenshot_20240326_191037_Chrome.jpg

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
MITsound,
You are solidly off-topic. You are picking a fight where there isn't one.

I guess I learned English earlier in time, you are using the "new English". Have fun. Besides, I was not referring to myself. I was referring to the collective group of folks who don't know any better. But this is not the point.

The point is, you went at your lens without thinking things through, or applying logic.

A micro-fibre cloth captures material in the fibres. It doesn't pump it out or remove it until you remove the cloth and clean it. Until then you simply grind the debris into your lens. Do you understand? Additionally, it is difficult to gage the pressure you are applying, or where it actually contacts the lens surface. If it catches a burr, you forcefully move the lens assembly to one side, or worse maybe up when you remove the cloth.

So you can argue the use of the English language if you wish, just not here. You have completely missed the fact that you gave appallingly poor advice. When this was pointed out, you went on the attack about something completely unrelated. You might wish to consider your behaviour and focus (or lack thereof) and confine your comments to the topic of the thread.

Now if you have a problem with me personally, use the PM system, not the forum. I can assure you I am more respectful than you are.