• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

YAQIN MS-650B vs Yarland PRO 845 mkIV ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Dear All,

A month ago Yaqin has released new integrated tube amp utylizing famous triode 845 tubes - driven by SRPP made from paralleled double triodes: 2 x 12AT7 or AX7. So finally 5,5Watts are pushing 845 tube for 15-20 Watts output. One power supply. (it is simplified in pre-am stage version of dual mono + pre Yaqin's top model)

Second, Yarland EU mk IV also based on 845 & also with remote controll. The 845 tube pushed here by simply paralled one 6SN7 - 5Watts pushing again 15-20Watts from 845. Dual mono supply + tube rectifier.

My question is - which one do you consider to go for?
Prices differ from 1440USD to 1250USD incl. transport to EU.
(my worries in both cases are > to week pre-amplifier drivers for 845).

Thanks in advance for detailed views :)

Not sure about 805 tubes. I'm looking for a 845 SE amp myself. I really like the sound of 845 tubes: big, powerful yet refined.
Have you looked at the Mr Liang LS-845? It's only 950$ and driven by 300B, but it's ugly.
The Tri 845SE is good looking, but expensive.
Diyfidelity.com.au has a 845 kit, it looks like the Mr Liang, but has some improved components. I don't know about anybody having built one though.

Thx Twinky!
I thought, that 805 is just 845, but with the anode point situated on the top.
I also've read and talked with Lukasz Fikus from Lampizator site about the Liang, but its look is, as you call it politely, "ugly".
This 845 kit sounds nice, but judging from opt cans shape they've put toroidal transformers there, which are ok idea in supply part, but not exactly here.
The Tri 845SE is georgeus, but I can not afford this.
That is why I opt for Yaqin or Yarland :)
Maybe someone can share his opinion about them.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.