• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Yaqin MS 34 D

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Should be OK as a test load for the amplifier - but I would not use them for any listening testing since they will most likely have a limited frequency response (I am assuming that they are intended for use with a separate bass speaker).

Hi yes there just mid and trebble crappy things lol. My other speakers i will be useing for now are mission m74 till i have built my ipl tm line speakers

This reminds me of myself when I ordered my first chinese amplifier. Don't have it anymore, I gave it away for free. I just hope you don't have the same kind of delay in the delivery and the customs trouble....

It is anoying costis as im in the uk and it said the amplifier is located in london. So dont see why it should take up to 20 days. What amp was it. What made you get rid

Somehow I doubt that somebody would stock in UK a product that is not certified for UK voltage. Maybe a gray import? Hmmmmm....

Well, the input sensitivity was too much, it was too crowded to modify, it was overheating (even though it was made for 230V), and the 6.3 VAC looked really nasty on the scope.
And above all, it was inferior to my self designed amplifier. So I gave it to my friend who came to audition my diy amp.

But then gain, I have to say that that little dingy thing was nearly indistinguishable with a well-regarded Italian tube amp that some other friend had at the time. Oh well, at least I didn't pay 2500 euros for that :D

Somehow I doubt that somebody would stock in UK a product that is not certified for UK voltage. Maybe a gray import? Hmmmmm....

Well, the input sensitivity was too much, it was too crowded to modify, it was overheating (even though it was made for 230V), and the 6.3 VAC looked really nasty on the scope.
And above all, it was inferior to my self designed amplifier. So I gave it to my friend who came to audition my diy amp.

But then gain, I have to say that that little dingy thing was nearly indistinguishable with a well-regarded Italian tube amp that some other friend had at the time. Oh well, at least I didn't pay 2500 euros for that :D

Hi costis i have a couple of amps one is the amp 6 basic from 41hz best amp i have had even better than the musical fidelity dr thomas pre and power amp. And the other is the hifimediy t50 100 watt amp this one is not so good and is never 100 watts rms

Let the amp play some music for 20-30 minutes before you check the bias. There appears to be test points beside each output tube, and an adjustment port on the opposite side. You'll need a small screwdriver (slotted?) to turn the bias pot. With the mutlimeter set on millivolts, insert the probes into the proper test points. You should be getting something around 400 millivolts for each tube. Don't panic if the reading is a little higher or lower, we're assuming that there is a 10 ohm resistor on the cathode of each EL34.
Maybe just take readings for now and post them up here, before adjusting anything. Make sure the amp is not playing any music when you do this.

Don't forget, those big tubes are HOT!;)

jeff

Last edited:
Let the amp play some music for 20-30 minutes before you check the bias. There appears to be test points beside each output tube, and an adjustment port on the opposite side. You'll need a small screwdriver (slotted?) to turn the bias pot. With the mutlimeter set on millivolts, insert the probes into the proper test points. You should be getting something around 400 millivolts for each tube. Don't panic if the reading is a little higher or lower, we're assuming that there is a 10 ohm resistor on the cathode of each EL34.
Maybe just take readings for now and post them up here, before adjusting anything. Make sure the amp is not playing any music when you do this.

Don't forget, those big tubes are HOT!;)

jeff

Thank you very much i will check voltages tommorow and post them:)

Hi all my meter is not working for some reason but i have someone comeing tommorow with another meter it says 1.4 v at side of the bias test points is this what i should get from the meter. Will this tell me if i can run the amp on the uk voltage 240 as the amp only has a switch to run 220v. sorry for all the questions

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.