• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Yaqin MC-100b schematic diagram

To get max power transfer the load impedence and source impedence must match.If you are using the 8 ohm tap an the amp then the speakers must also be 8 ohms. Here's my theory.If you were using a transistor amplifier before,the amp can drive any impedence down to a ohm or two.So you would get good sound from a transistor amp but a tube amp need the correct impedence to get max power transfer.What is your speaker impedence?This is the first thing we need to know and was the old amp a transistor amp? I suspect you have added speakers in parallel and have a very low impedance. this would work ok with a transistor amp but no a tube amp. Any thoughts from the others out there about my thery?

boboo said:

:) you were faster than me:) no wonder I work with my exhibition to at the same time but you can read it anyway even if you been on the otherside,:)

Here it goes!

Gosh' than I got to open all the boxes to give you more specks on each elements because I don't remember any longer. what I know for sure that the system is 8 ohm and aruond a 110 db.
big sound very powerful but what is more intresting that it works fine with this old harman kardon 730 twin powered receiver.

I had tryed to replace the harman many times because it's sick and had been for a long time now and barrowed a lots of powerful things well known amps recivers they all cross my living room but it were the same as with the yaqin. Only the Harman works and do a job sound big on all frequences deep powerful bass and marcant discant. For ecxample a cube sound actualy only with four or five songs and when it does everybody jumps and my glasses shakin in the kitchen.

When I find the yaqin I thoght finaly I find the right one but couldn't listen to it because it were in Hong Kong. But I thought this is a twin to so maybe it would do the job.
110db is sensitive enough so 60 Watt must be power enough. Has your old amp loudnes or tone regulation and do you used it?

Lowrider said:
2 way, no way... :whazzat:

You described at least 5 boxes... :smash:

Yes it is basicly, a very complicated one because there is a second crossover too. The bass is split with some copper thing and so as the high frequency with some yellow something.

And the two crossover works paralell but indenpendent from each other. As I understan its a dual two way crossover woks paralell to each other on each channel but some things are common,

Don't ask me what it is because it's my former teacher at the university helped me to fix it. This guy is actually professor in physics, photography and acustics.

Koifarm said:

110db is sensitive enough so 60 Watt must be power enough. Has your old amp loudnes or tone regulation and do you used it?

Yes the harman has it all but never anything used loudness is off and the treble and the bass are in the zero position. It's so bad now that they are only sound on one poit and that is zero. :)

No need to use it at all, ever only with some bad produced live but than mostly the discant lifts a little bit down but on the bad produced live are everything is bad. :)

I never listen to them anyway. .-)

keithgreenhalgh said:
To get max power transfer the load impedence and source impedence must match.If you are using the 8 ohm tap an the amp then the speakers must also be 8 ohms. Here's my theory.If you were using a transistor amplifier before,the amp can drive any impedence down to a ohm or two.So you would get good sound from a transistor amp but a tube amp need the correct impedence to get max power transfer.What is your speaker impedence?This is the first thing we need to know and was the old amp a transistor amp? I suspect you have added speakers in parallel and have a very low impedance. this would work ok with a transistor amp but no a tube amp. Any thoughts from the others out there about my thery?

It seems reasonable but this unit doesn't sund good with other transistor either that's why I brought the Yaqin. it's a pity that I couldn't listen to it or barrow it and try before the buy.
But there where one Rewox I had barrowed which the sound were good but it was very expencive. At list for me at the time. :)

I never add anything to it when the cabinet's were ready than he made this crossover to it and the whole thing jut had been used ever since than.

I forgot the only thing i know for sure it's 8 ohm and 110 db

Lowrider said:
Can you try with different speakers, just to make sure it is a problem with the amp, or just that it cannot handle those speakers...

It seems that my bad luck score increases day by day. I tried to contact my old professor but his wife told me he just passed away a couple months ago. Wanted to get some more clarity around the crossover he build for me.

Yes I can take the amp and run down all my friends :) and try some nice quality speakers not manufactured as mine but brought. I think it would help to get answer to some of the questions/problems.

Than of course I will try that tube changing business and put that bias lower too.
Than there is some capacitators I can change as it seem might just improve this amp. how does this sound for you Litvania? :)

Of course doing this I still need many help of you guys.

It's just a pity that I can't give back anything to you guys as I don't know anything about this at all, but if you have photographic problems you are more and welcome to address your questions to me.

Will see where it goes it’s just come into a very wrong time in my life as my deadline is getting closer and closer

Lowrider said:
Dont you have the schema of the crossover ? Maybe there is a way to connect in series rather than in parallel, maybe it helps...

With your speakers it might also help to increase global negative feedback, just change a resistor... :rolleyes:

Read my answer to you on page 2.

No I'm not directly sitting on it. :) And it seems that I never could get it either any longer. :-(

Lowrider said:
Thanks, it is handy when our friend booboo asks questions... :angel:

The power supply would gain a lot with a couple of chokes...

Also, I dont see any start delay, not good for the tubes...
The amps i sold are 3 years in use with no defekt. So they are reliable enough.

Our friend BOBOO has build in the past a speaker system around the Harman Kardon Amp. This amp has a big hump in the frequency curve in the bass region. So every new amp sounds without bass because they have a straither frequency curve.

Boboo needs to modifie the amp with such a curve or buy a preamp with equalizer or toneboost or adjust the speaker filters.

Koifarm said:

The amps i sold are 3 years in use with no defekt. So they are reliable enough.

Our friend BOBOO has build in the past a speaker system around the Harman Kardon Amp. This amp has a big hump in the frequency curve in the bass region. So every new amp sounds without bass because they have a straither frequency curve.

Boboo needs to modifie the amp with such a curve or buy a preamp with equalizer or toneboost or adjust the speaker filters.

:) this is just to many things for Boboo to manage at once! :)
I dont even know where to begin? :)

So which one is good and which one is bad of out this statement? :) Because Boboo don't know a thing about it. :)

"This amp has a big hump in the frequency curve in the bass region. So every new amp sounds without bass because they have a straither frequency curve."

"or adjust the speaker filters" that's what I do for a living every day. :)

But if I remember which is not sure nowadays we did something which he called for intoning. And that was a very swety job boboo remember this as it took a couple of days and it was boring too as we listen to the same reference songs. One of them I can't even listen to anymore! :)

And my flat was full of that white something a year after that!