xtr 275 amp repair

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
all the parts are in the correct locations and all original caps on the board had the (-) polarity facing the power input side of the amp. I did the same with new caps. I hesitate to say that the new caps are not the problem because of their size they are partially covering up other components within their proximity. Shall I desolder them and install the original caps which are bulging?

I think that, unless you have a power supply with a built in current limiter that you use a 2 ohm current limiter in series with the B+ line.

You can buy four 8 ohm, 20 watt resistors from Radio Shack for ~$10. Wire them in parallel and connect them in-between the B+ from the power source and the B+ terminal of the amp.

You'll reinstall the rectifiers, power the amp up and measure the DC voltage across each of the large emitter resistors in the audio section. They should all read 0.000v DC. If one or more read higher, it will tell you where you need to do more troubleshooting.

im thinking that you mean the large green 1.5 ohm resistors. I did not have 4 8ohm 20watt resistors. I do have 2 4ohm 25watt ceramic resistors. When turned on I measured.5 volts at all legs of emmiter resistors, but i was not sure were to place the neg probe. then the ceramic resistors overheated. thats where im at. thanks

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.