Xtant 3300c low output.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Pin 1: 2.60v
Pin 2: 2.59v
Pin 3: 0.01v
Pin 4: 0.16v
Pin 5: 2.05v
Pin 6: 3.80v
Pin 7: 2.04v
Pin 8: 4.92v
Pin 9: 2.11v
Pin 10: nothing
Pin 11: 2.60v
Pin 12: nothing
Pin 13: 11.22v
Pin 14: 2.60v
Pin 15: 11.22v
Pin 16:5.19v

just about the same as before.. but this time d27 did not light up

ok.. well.. i cant seem to located the proper tool to remove the extra heatsink so i can read the number on the fets so im gonna assume that q4 thru q12 are the power supply fets. and not knowing which leg is the first one...
from left to right voltage is the same on all of them
1: 2.82v
2:11.91v
3: nothing

not sure if this helps... taken from owners manual
Balanced / Floating Input: All “x” Series amplifiers offer input docking
ports which accept the optional Balanced Line Module (BLM-1). When added to
the input stage, this circuitry helps to eliminate “system noise” associated with
“ground-loops”. ive just got jumpers on those ports
i think the x and c are supposed to be the same amp???
i click on the link for c version but comes up with x and it looks the same..
also i completely disconnected the amp an brought it inside.. its way to cold to stand out there for to long :)
took those same readings again an got yet a diff reading??
left front
+ term nothing bridged term
- term 47.6
right front
+ term 47.6
- term nothing bridged term
same reading with the passive channels
mono channel
+ term nothing
- term 47.6

on the ACV 200 setting it read 27.6
an i'm not sure about the power supply... i've been playing with a atx computer power supply converting it to a bench one... of sorts... rated at 12v 20amps.. but i'm not sure about it yet.
i've tried running stuff of pc psu before but always just shut down. the article i'm reading says something about adding some resistors to it to create a load. and that's supposed to fix it i guess..

Last edited:
Some meters won't read AC mixed with DC. Yours is one of those meters. Do you have another meter or can you borrow one (Fluke preferred)?

Sometimes, the start-up surge shuts down computer power supplies.

I've read that some supplies need a load to power up but I've never seen one that did and I've tested a lot of supplies.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.