• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

XSD Speaker Flatpack GB

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Parts Express 095-522 seems to be the correct crimp connector (no plastic sheath). Nicely made with tin plating I think.

IMG_9649.jpeg

Just finished wiring one side of woofers. Used a 1.5v battery to check proper polarity by looking at motion of all cones with excitation.

IMG_9648.jpeg

IMG_9651.jpeg

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
I forgot to update this thread to show that I listened to this new XSD and it sounds great. Here is video of mono speaker played with Warp-1 Class D amp.

Measurements of the XO response shows pretty consistent with previous speaker - there is a small peak in the woofer output near the XO frequency. Probably driver to driver variability. The mid range also has a little more structure at the top end.

IMG_9812.jpeg

But overall, the sound is very lively and dynamic. Distortion is low and speaker is clean sounding. There is a distortion peak around 370Hz but level is low - it’s probably related to a cone breakup mode for this batch of drivers.

1702831062429.jpeg

I gave the speaker a test tone (sine) at 370Hz and monitored the FFT spectrum and it shows dominant even order harmonics and circa 0.11% THD for 2.0Vrms. The even harmonics are at least pleasant sounding vs odd order.

1702831225434.jpeg

Reactions: 1 users
As promised, the packing is progressing nicely but is a lot of work. You can see how carefully the pieces are packed in foam and strapping and then a nice box and then strapped on the outside.

View attachment 1198338
View attachment 1198339
View attachment 1198340

Folks should be receiving tracking numbers soon.
"X", What is the approximate box shipping size? I live within 100 miles of Leoanard, TX and would consider a direct pickup with my little car - if possible.

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
I mentioned the other day I had picked up on sale, another pair of the midranges "just in case" right? I just did the same with the tweeter. I'm fooling myself, I'm getting ready to build another set aren't I? Oh brother....

Russellc
Where would you put the second set? That’s a nice testament when someone wants to build a second set.

Reactions: 1 user