• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

XSD Speaker Crossover and Waveguide GB

Joined 2020
Paid Member
Cleaned up the GB's to clarify between xrk's crossover/waveguide set and my PCB.

XSD Crossover and Waveguide GB

Name / Country / XO Pair qnty / Waveguide Pair qnty
—————————————————————————-
RAAM / ?? / 1 pair / 1 pair
Bearforce One / UK / 1 pair / 1 pair

XSD Crossover PCB GB

Name / Country / XO PCB Pair qnty
————————————————
Bearforce One / UK / 1 pair
Dawa / Sweden / 1 pair

Joined 2020
Paid Member
$375 for the XO kit (components only for a stereo pair of speakers). $77 for the pair of waveguides.

The PCB’s for the XO are handled by Bloqhead - and will only be sold to those who purchase a XO kit.

Assume somewhere between $20-40 a pair, really depends on how many people we get involved. Boards are pretty hefty, 2oz thick, 2oz copper.

Reactions: 1 users
Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Cwlo has made some wonderful progress in the XSD. Looking forward to his first listening impressions.

img_9867-jpg.1175028

Reactions: 4 users
Jack, it is just a very light stain. The deep color is due to the teak veneer, as it already has a dark natural tone. I acquired this teak veneered plywood many years back from a neighbor, so I have little info on it. That said, the sky's the limit as far as veneer choices. Since you have to router out all the openings anyway, it really isn't much extra work to just veneer the piece ahead of time. Now I did edge band veneer the perimeter, and paint the slot openings black, since its not a solid piece of wood, and so the edges are not finished wood.

Reactions: 2 users
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Great news to be sure. Chomping at the bit. I've had these parts waiting for a while, will be so glad to put it together.
Plenty busy assembling XA-252 amplifier and a couple of preamps. Preamps dropped behind XA-252, want to get this one up and running before starting in on speakers.

Also great to see more people interested in this project.

Russellc