• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

xrk971 Pocket Class A Headamp GB

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
xrk971 - 2 boards
pcgab - 2 boards - INVOICE SENT & PAYMENT RECEIVED
zman01 - 2 boards - INVOICE SENT & PAYMENT RECEIVED
stellarelephant - 2 boards - INVOICE SENT & RECEIVED
samoloko - 1 pcb - INVOICE SENT & PAYMENT RECEIVED
Morde - 2 board - INVOICE SENT & PAYMENT RECEIVED
cyteen - 2 boards - INVOICE SENT & PAYMENT RECEIVED
funch - 2 boards - INVOICE SENT & PAYMENT RECEIVED
syyma - 2 boards - INVOICE SENT & PAYMENT RECEIVED
av-trouvaille - 2 boards - INVOICE SENT & PAYMENT RECEIVED
Mituisho - 2 boards - INVOICE SENT & PAYMENT RECEIVED
bogde - 2 boards - INVOICE SENT & PAYMENT RECEIVED
faltinsen - 2 boards - INVOICE SENT & PAYMENT RECEIVED
vanofmonks - 1 board - INVOICE SENT & PAYMENT RECEIVED
M_Balou - 2 boards - INVOICE SENT & PAYMENT RECEIVED
dwpeterson - 2 boards - INVOICE SENT & PAYMENT RECEIVED
agdr - 1 board - INVOICE SENT & PAYMENT RECEIVED
walangalam - 2 boards - INVOICE SENT & PAYMENT RECEIVED
gwrskien - 2 boards - INVOICE SENT & PAYMENT RECEIVED
redarc12- 2 boards - INVOICE SENT & PAYMENT RECEIVED
dw1narso - 2 boards - INVOICE SENT & PAYMENT RECEIVED
zimmer64 - 2 boards - INVOICE SENT & PAYMENT RECEIVED
shambala - 2 boards - INVOICE SENT & PAYMENT RECEIVED
HaroldHill - 2 boards - INVOICE SENT & PAYMENT RECEIVED
gig - 2 boards - INVOICE SENT & PAYMENT RECEIVED
hui13 - 2 boards - INVOICE SENT & PAYMENT RECEIVED
pranavkr -1 board - INVOICE SENT & PAYMENT RECEIVED
JimS- 1 board - INVOICE SENT
Kumori - 1 board
1bit - 1 board

Sorry, but we are now out of boards.

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
I tried to locate "Kester EP623', but Google couldn't find it. Is this the correct PN for a commercially available product? (Nice job on your build, I just want to follow in your footsteps...)

Sorry I goofed that one up. EP256 63/37. I bought it prepacked in a syringe. It comes with several tips.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B006UTCYM2/ref=ya_aw_od_pi?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I got the idea for the hotplate here - it was actually the winner of all the methods. Super fast and easy. Why use a toaster oven?

https://www.sparkfun.com/tutorials/59

Last edited:
Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
You can use a fry pan and range. Just don't cook with it afterwards. There may be noxious lead fumes so I avoid doing in the kitchen. But yes, a pan and any stove is fine. Watch for solder paste to turn shiny silver and wet parts - once all wetted and solder forms nice fillets on parts and remove and place pan on something like a concrete slab or granite counter to cool it quickly. Once solder is not liquid remove board with tongs etc - try to limit exposure of parts to high heat as much as possible.

It's the same hole pattern as Agdr's Super CMOY. He has a nice template. I can provide link later.

Last edited:
Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Just want to let everyone know I have been busy packing the boards for shipment. That's a lot of packing! To pass the time I have been enjoying listening to this amp with my headphones. I am so so happy with the sound quality. Just superb. You guys won't be disappointed. One of the best headamps that I have built despite the small size and power limitations. I should be able to start shipping them out on Monday. :)

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Just a note to folks still getting BOM. It's ok to use as large of a cap as you can fit for the corner mounted power rail caps. A larger value gives better stereo crosstalk reduction. I am able to fit 10mm dia x 20mm long 2200uF 16v caps laying on their sides. There is an improvement in imaging, maybe a bit better bass authority as well. Yes, 16v is marginal but a pair of 9v rechargeable Li-ion batteries is 16.7v max and that drops quickly below 16v within 30min of use. If you use alkaline 9v cells I suggest getting a 20v (smaller cap) though.

Last edited: