XMOS-based Asynchronous USB to I2S interface

Don't forget folks, Jean-Paul fellow is managing a GB about a PS he developped for the SB Touch : 5V/3A...with the traffo (complete offer)

A litte pricy, but certainly well setuped as usual with JP, if more money i will go for it myself ! Please don't ask him question about caps :D !

I think myself about the TSA from Mravica I use elswhere, but for the safe of the chip you need a very close voltage traffo to allow the chip not to dissipate too much heat ! Despite the 1A the TSA reg allows and the heat-sink Mravica provides (yet ?)...

Pfffff this 3.3 to 5 V isolator chip is boring me as I have to find a PS for it only :mad: : here I supose the quality of the PS is not important for this chip ?

Sorry for the off topic !

PS : at Lorien : m^y problem is solved, it cames not from the Wave I/O but from the Ian's I2StoPCM board.... all those plugs when missing are teribble when you are not skilly like me...

I confess, I am a Blackgate capacitor junky. That confession aside, I have long wondered if my BG addiction would play with Lorien's excellent WaveIO.

No longer a curiosity. To satisfy the itch, I soldered a 4.7u Blackgate N to pin 4 of X1 clock. (actually to the + side of the OSON feeding X1). For convenience I took ground back to the ground pin at the SPDIF test pad. This also done in parallel with vibration dampening by placing mounting putty directly on the clocks. Solder cap then squash a round ball of putty onto the clock and surrounding real estate. This alone does bring out more detail and bass but bleeding together. The BG cap just explodes the whole thing sharply into 3d.

OMG! Game changer. Massive jump in holographic presentation. Tight bass cranked up. Even high end extension.

If you have one of these somewhere, rip it out and try it here. If you can find one. buy it. This just allows WaveIO to continue to show what it is capable of.

• could this be done too with a solid tantalum (the metal housing ones). These are effective into very high frequencies with a low impedance.??

Im not sure if there will not be too much heat dissipation for TPS? Around 400mA could make some problems as there is almost no possibility for heatsink (some computers one sticking on top of TPS?)

The TPS only needs 350mV voltage drop to work properly... for safety make that 1V. 1V x 400mA = 0.4W dissipation which is low. Does your board have the aluminum cube under the board? With this you can couple the TPS to a bigger piece a aluminum... then you should be on the safe side.

The TPS only needs 350mV voltage drop to work properly... for safety make that 1V. 1V x 400mA = 0.4W dissipation which is low. Does your board have the aluminum cube under the board? With this you can couple the TPS to a bigger piece a aluminum... then you should be on the safe side.

I believe TPS works better with more than 350mV voltage drop but 1V would be enough. I just need to find good transformer because right now I got only 9V 1.3A which gives almost 11V in real life. That would be way to much.
Dont have board yet - Im thinking of buying one from ebay.

Hello guys! I just came home from a five days trip made for my health investigations and I'm not dead... yet! I guess I cannot please everyone! :D My internet connection wasn't good at all thus I couldn't answer properly to your messages but now I saw many requests related to WaveIO's v2.26 drivers. I'm sorry if all this unfortunate period of time when I was ill caused you unhappy moments and /or frustrations but I'm very confident that most of you (if not all) will understand my condition. Regarding drivers there are couple of things to say: all who sent driver request emails (and I did get their messages) I'll respond starting from tomorrow. Please be patient because this driver sharing procedure is not a fast one! Either way, all of you will get emails with download link as soon as possible!
In addition, I know that there are outside requests to some of you for this new driver pack and I'm aware (read "feel") that now is simply hunted down. Even if I do respect everyone's privacy and free will, I do not recommend to share to a third party any future packs one will get from me. If there's someone who will do it without my consent and I have strong proof that it comes from him/her then he/she will be blacklisted forever and will not get any future releases.
To put it in my own, loved, way: "please keep drivers for yourself".
Thank you,
Lucian

Sorry to hear your of your health problems.

TO REPEAT, Dear Lucian, your new procedure is not egregious in any way and with hindsight I am sure you realize this was how it should have been from the beginning.

No more apologies for what you must do to keep your project alive!

Hope you start feeling well again soon.

AS always, thanks for your efforts. They are appreciated by your customers!

Sorry to hear your of your health problems.

TO REPEAT, Dear Lucian, your new procedure is not egregious in any way and with hindsight I am sure you realize this was how it should have been from the beginning.

No more apologies for what you must do to keep your project alive!

Hope you start feeling well again soon.

AS always, thanks for your efforts. They are appreciated by your customers!

+ 1 you've done a good job and your healt is more important than my music