XDA-1 -- A symmetrical power amp utilizing LM4702

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi mlloyd1,

You are right. It was simply a case of me over thinking something and missing the obvious. I am seeing the wisdom of simply taking the feedback from the load (between emitter resistors). Consider me convinced.

I will revise the schematic tomorrow. I have a few other little tweaks I made. I will likely lay the PCB out so that one can use the built in emittter resistors on the SAP16 or use their own.

Thanks to everyone for the sociable interchange of good information.

Cheers!
Russ

Attachments

• poop.jpg
    poop.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 945
Updated schematic

Here is the current schematic.

I am now taking feedback from emitter resistors instead of S pins.

I also changed the THS4131 compensation cap to 200pf (C1 and C2) as I think this value should work fine and reduce the phase shift a bit. I will know better once I get a chance to test the circuit.

Cheers!
Russ

Attachments

• amp1.sch.pdf
    58.9 KB · Views: 325
Re: Experments With Output Stages?

Mark St. Denis said:
Hi,

Simple minded. Any experiments planned with output stages

besides 1-2-3 Darlington pairs?

Thanks for your new ideas.

Mark

Hi Mark,

Yes, I am planning on testing FETs too, eventually. but probably not tubes.... :) Just not really into that.

I will be providing here on the thread PDFs for PCB layouts shorty which should allow people to play with the circuit. I may not have time to actually build the circuit do to the fact I am in the midst of a move. So one of you may get to be the guinea pig. :)

The set will consist of 3 PCBs(or more if you plan on paralleling output devices) per channel. One will be a the differential PCB (THS4131). One will be the VAS stage (4702 but could also be discrete). One will be the SAP16 output stage, which could be substituted for another PCB or even P2P wired FETs or something.

Cheers!
Russ

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.