X250.5 and Magneplanar 20.1

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
it looks like the alephx might be a good choice here Iam using the pass a40 design from the 80's running with about 26 volt rails and it does o.k. but the room is over 800 square feet with high vaulted ceilings I would imagine that after all this time there are no alephx p.c. boards left to be had so I would have to roll my own .
I like the idea of using a bridged circuit as I have a pretty good supply of dual 18 volt secondary toroids(Hammond 182G18)
I have run my maggies with a BGW750 and that gives them a lot of punch but it sounds like well... a bgw. And I have run them witha hafler dh220 with rails lowered to 47 volts and bias jacked up and that seems to be an adequate amount of power.but sounds like a hafler.
sorry for the lengthy ramble but I don't have time to try a lot of designs out as much as I would like to.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.