X-Series vs. Aleph

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
There seems to be a lot of clamoring .......

Hi Grey,

I too would be interested in this concept(XA). Would be an interesting comparison to my Aleph4.

I have plenty of free webspace, would be happy to draw & post the PCBs, construction details, circuits etc.

Might be nice to have two versions for the A4/5 supply rails ????

You have my e-mail address :)

cheers ..... mark

Mark, everyone else,
Now that I've got the Mini-A, Version 1.0 out of my system (so to speak), I will begin translating the Aleph-X schematic into an actual circuit. I have been warned by Nelson that there is a bit of a pothole in the road ahead of me, and I think I have a solution in mind (and a backup plan should that one not work, and a backup for the backup). I haven't been posting because I'd like to present a functional circuit rather than a think piece.
When I originally promised Nelson that I wouldn't release the schematic, I had it in mind that I'd give his amp plenty of leeway, perhaps six months or a year. Imagine my surprise when he mentioned the schematic a week or two ago.
...And me with a concept amp that hasn't been debugged yet. Guess I've got my work cut out for me. My reputation (no jeers from the peanut gallery) is on the line.
I shall return.

Grey

Grey,

How goes the XA circuit? I'd like to ask if you'd post an interim (or 'think piece') circuit so others could have a look and start thinking about it, and the problems involved.

I'm confused by even the basic toplogy, the X-front end, from the patents and Petters work, has all the voltage gain necessary, but the Aleph output stage also has voltage gain (and must be included in the NFB loop to control it). Obviously I'm thinking about it wrong, so a circuit would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Adrian

PS clamour, clamour..:)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.