X-over software recomendations

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Once upon a time the standard version of LspCAD 5.25 was very reasonably priced and I would highly recommend it. Now Ingemar has released version 6, yes it may be far more flexible, but it does far more then you will most likely want it to, and unfortunately comes at a heavily increased price.

I've got the Pro version of 5.25 and I cant say enough positive things about it, I know it has one or two features less then sound easy, but its about as user friendly as you can get.

Now however you cannot get it, so this is no longer an option, which is a shame as 5.25 standard was more then enough for most people and was attractively priced.

it's wrong to pay so much money for software that you are going to use occasionally and not for commercial purposes. for hobbyists it should be priced as videogame, because that's what it is to me. just an entertainment for a month or so.

I would tend to agree with that, but LspCAD was the best spent $500 in my entire DIY adventure. When you consider the drivers for ONE pair of high quality speakers will cost the same as the software... you realise its not quite as much as it says it is.

On the flip side though, if you don't see yourself designing many loudspeakers, it would indeed seem a bit much.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.