Wurlitzer amplifier needs help

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The amplifier calls for a 6K field coil to be attached to terminals 1 and 7 of the speaker #1 socket. It also calls for a jumper between pin 3 and pin 1. A 8 ohm full range speaker attaches between pin 4 and pin 5.

Sorry for the bad quality of the PDF scan. I was unable to upload a larger file here. If someone else can do so I would be more than happy to send them the file.

It is a good little amplifier. I bought (4) delivered to my house for $100.00 a few years ago. They were without tubes.

Thanks burnedfingers!

That's what I need! Only problem is I can't really see it. Please email it to me if you can. How does that work? I'm new here. Can I put my email address up in a post, or can you just email me via my member contact info?

Here's a few more questions for you. I got this power amp with the 15 inch field coil speaker AND a couple of 8 inchers. I also have the crossover that sends low end to the 15 and high end to the 8's. Did yours come with speakers and the crossover? If not, did you figure out a way to run the amp without using the crossover and also using a regular, non field coil speaker?

Boy am I excited to find someone with some information about this amp!!

Here's a few more questions for you. I got this power amp with the 15 inch field coil speaker AND a couple of 8 inchers. I also have the crossover that sends low end to the 15 and high end to the 8's. Did yours come with speakers and the crossover? If not, did you figure out a way to run the amp without using the crossover and also using a regular, non field coil speaker?

I bought mine without any speakers.

You can use the speaker connector that I mentioned. You can use the field coil from the 15" speaker you have and then use any full range speaker you have. The field coil lowers the voltage. You could also use a large resistor in place of the field coil if its the same resistance but you would need to figure out what wattage to use.

I'm not an expert like SY and others but I think that not using a field coil or a resistor would run the plate and grid voltage too high.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.