• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

WTB: F4 PCB boards

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ground question

Hello,
Finishing my F4 project, I have a question about the chassis grounding.
I am using Peter Daniel pcb's, those uses the ground path on the PSU for audio signal, the original F4 uses the chassis as ground, meaning that the input and output grounds are connected to the chassis, right? So, I guess, the ground on the PSU is connected to the chassis too.
The question is: With is the porpouse for the TH1 on the psu schematic?
Do you recomend to use the chassis as signal ground (will I need the th1?) or insolate de grounds from the inputs and outputs, and connect the chassis to earth, using the TH1?
Witch will be the safest way?
Thanks!

By the way... will this heatsinks do the job? http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...sid=m37&satitle=170171724736&category0=&fvi=1

Re: Ground question

mongosound said:

...the porpouse for the TH1 on the psu schematic?

Hello,

My suggestion is to look at the FIRST WATT F1 POWER AMPLIFIER SERVICE MANUAL, where NP explains his platform.

http://www.firstwatt.com/downloads/f1_om.pdf

I plan to build f4 exactly inside my SOZ housing. At my SOZ I have a simple wire instead of earth thermistor. I use a star or an octopus philosophy: all ground points (of supply, amplifier, inputs, speakers, external earth, chassis element) connects to the one point only, exactly to the ground tab of the XLR input connector. Just to avoid loops. As you may see my Avatar, all aluminum walls are isolated, but each wall has own wire connection to the mentioned ground point.

Wrong grounding and/or cabling may cause noise. At my SOZ one cable is very sensitive. This cable runs very close to the transformer, wrapping almost a half of transformer. Hopefully I made the cable longer by intuition so I can move cable up and down to reduce the output noise (50 Hz).
I hope it help you.

Regards, Andrzej

Any chance of somebody like me who is very very late to the party getting a set of boards? I'm not in a rush by any means so wonder if it may be possible to get another run of boards made?

I've only read the first few pages of this thread, so I plan to go back and re-read the whole thing tomorrow, and maybe the answer will magically appear, but if there is something along these lines already happening, I'd appreciate knowing about it.

Thanks,

Jim

So Peter, do yu recommend another new thread be started for a second group buy, or what's the best way to go about this? Would this include just amp boards or PSU as well?

Any rough idea on what parts cost for a finished F4 runs?

I'll be reading through the entire thread today as time permits so as to have a better idea of what's going on. I'll also read through the F4 thread.

Thanks,

Jim

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.