• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

WTB: Aleph Amp complete

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
OK, then I'd need to rely on your expertise. Here's some info about my speakers:

"The question about the ideal amplifier for driving the Quad ESL-57 speaker is not easy to answer. It is well known that the '57 offers a very difficult load, because the load is highly reactive and changes from approximately 60 ohms in the bass to 1.8 ohms in the treble region.

In addition to the problems mentioned above, the original Quad speaker has mediocre efficiency ( approximately 82 db/Watt ) and limited power handling : Original Quads will flash up immediately when the voltage on the input terminal exceeds 33 Volt (peak-peak)."

Aleph 30s are a recommended. Do you think the mini mono's handle this speaker? Which is more stable: smd or through hole?

Yes, I'm starting to think that I need to make sure it works first as you say, then maybe buy the boards and take a chance and build the rest myself. I have been doing a lot of searching around the last couple of day and there is so much information here I'm starting to think I could do it....

Fishfood said:
Yes, I'm starting to think that I need to make sure it works first as you say, then maybe buy the boards and take a chance and build the rest myself. I have been doing a lot of searching around the last couple of day and there is so much information here I'm starting to think I could do it....

It's Pretty easy if you buy boards. Most come with instrctions and part's. You basicaly just follow the steps and put the parts in there correct location's. Brian sells the aleph 30 board's and psu board's. If you need help all you have to do is post on diyaudio and youll get all the help you need.

Stones said:
Hello Fishfood,

I feel you will not gain from buying a pre built DIY Aleph, Consider looking out for a second user A30 plenty of these around and if it does not match your needs / system it will be easy to sell on.

Where do you see these for sale? And what is the going price?

I too would love to get a built unit, no time or skill at this point and don't want my first DIY project to be a $550 amp. I can't afford to mess that up.

What does the Mini a kit sell for and what about the others out there. How hard are they to do.

BuckeyesRKiller said:

I too would love to get a built unit, no time or skill at this point and don't want my first DIY project to be a $550 amp. I can't afford to mess that up.

What does the Mini a kit sell for and what about the others out there. How hard are they to do.

link 1
link 2
link 3

I Am board now the three links above were out of the first five hits on a google search.

Google is your friend:dead:

BuckeyesRKiller said:

BuckeyesRKiller,
I'm former BuckyBadger who has finished an A30 he would be willing to sell. I'd sell for parts value+shipping. The amp is running on ~+/-19V rails so it's a little lower power than stock (+/- 25V if I remember correctly). I have $350 into the amp (a stereo amp).

I built it with a fan (and somewhat smaller heatsinks than my Aleph 5). The A5 I have been enjoying for about 18 months. The A30 gets hot but not as hot the the A5 (which I built with much bigger heat sinks but no fan).

The amp is running on +/-19 volt rails (CRC psu, could be changed to a simple C base supply with closer to the +/-25 volt rails). So it is a little lower power than planned.

If you're interested let me know.

SteveA

Re: Aleph

BuckeyesRKiller said:
Yes I would be interested. I will be out of town till Tuesday, but will check in on my email several times.

Please contact me and I would love to see the pics and get some more info. This would be very cool.

I'll get some photos taken. Perhaps you could contact me using the email button (and give me your e-mail address). I can send photos and give you more info.

SteveA

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.