wowsers! Lots of different cables/wires in 1 gainclone!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
There's a lot to say for good solid theory when it comes to designing electronics and none of it includes silver plated wires or rare-earth metal plated coaxial sockets. Alternatively to the way the "real universe" appears to work, different brands of capacitors make an amp sound different, magic quantum boxes improve interconnect signals (I'm serious), UFO encounters make the heart grow fonder, citizens of Atlantis (a sunken island in the Bermuda Triangle, of course) flew around the place in airships powered by giant Tesla towers (I kid you not, Google it! - the sky around Atlantis must have been like the inside of a microwave oven - they didn't disappear in a cataclysm, they died of electrocution and the island melted!). *sigh*

Pity no one has ever done a remotely scientific double bind study with capacitors, op amps, pre amp transistors, interconnect cables, or nearly anything that theory shows would be impossible to hear the difference between... partly because such a study might make the authors of those reviews look like complete tits, but also they're quite happy in their own private universe with no particular desire to join the rest of us.

PS: I fondly remember a prominent UK magazine (What HiFi) in the 80s (when 'designer' optical digital cables came out for CD players for the first time) reviewing different brands of fibre-optic cable calling one 'lifeless' and another 'deep' or another 'too harsh and forward'. It was very funny.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.