Would you consider this an OB?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Right, no free lunch and too much cost/work for me. Since you liked them though, I bet you'd go freaking nuts auditioning one of these 'rara avis' [32] cell Jensens rotated vertically with your corner Klipschorn XO'd at ~ 300 Hz. It's so long you may not even need any digital TD:

edit: At least multi-cells are easy to passively taper by ear, adding stuffing of varying density to the outer cells.

GM

Attachments

• z37.jpg
    z37.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 189
  • z38.jpg
    z38.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 178
Last edited:
Ah! I lived that one in my misspent youth and one reason why I'm now poor and somewhat crippled. As the old saying goes, 'if I'd of known I would live this long I'd of taken better care of myself'.

Naw! I'd of just done more/better retirement planning!

GM

I need a new pair of knees too! Three weeks of cracking and pain. 18 years of martial arts has taken a toll on my 45 year old body and it's annoying me how quickly i went from pain free to constantly in pain. I need to see a doctor soon.

As for speakers (lol) examining the design of the original post, it's interesting. But it makes me appreciate more simple (and possibly more effective) designs because it has too many variables to consider.

yea, the hivi rt2pro ain't cheap to play with either, nor are the hemptones, but the burros would make an interesting option.

I'm wondering if I could get away with 4 or 6 of them (8" full ranges) vertically stacked ?

Given the narrowing response of an 8" driver, the 2 drivers closest to the floor wouldn't interfere much, but the top 2 may muck each other up...........

What ya think ?

The last 8" full range I played with only had enough dispersion for 2 people wide (shoulder to shoulder) at 12' in the highs.

Norman

I need a new pair of knees too! I need to see a doctor soon.

..........it has too many variables to consider.

Knees, ugh! Don't get me started.

Yes, you do if you've torn one loose. A buddy didn't and he ruined the joint, so no surgery short of replacement will help, but in today's stupid high medical insurance, etc., his 'diet' is now mostly NSAIDs and alcohol till he can scrape the $$$ together.

As I already opined, not to my way of viewing it, but the proof is in the measurements, something that as a general rule, these boutique manufacturers blanch at providing.

Anyway, good luck with the knees and hope you're still not teaching the art of the kick by example.

GM

I'm wondering if I could get away with 4 or 6 of them (8" full ranges) vertically stacked ?

What ya think ?

Since Phillips didn't renew their patent, I'm thinking this is a vertical Bessel array given its relatively low sensitivity for the number of drivers used, so I'd try five drivers and to floor mirror it as they apparently did, put the bottom driver/floor spacing at half the driver array's spacing.

GM

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.