Would ported or sealed enclosure be best for this driver in small PA system?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
electroaudio said:

Those EVs have a remarcable efficiency :D one of them will blow out a dozen of jbls..

I did it once when i had 4x jbl 18 and 4x jbl 15 on one side, each of them powered with LAB1000 amps and then i had a compact 3way box at the other side with one ev 15 in each (a stereopair) the evs was louder than the jbls.
-BTW, The dancefloor was only 4x10metres :devily:

I find the whole premise extremely unlikely.

:) sreten.

electroaudio said:

My english isnt the best so what do you mean?

Simply this, EV guitar units are capable of extreme efficiency.

However bass units are subject to the laws of physics
regarding extension, cabinet volume and efficiency.

JBL units are very good quality and your assertion that an
single EV will "blowout" a dozen JBL's is simply not true.

sreten said:

Simply this, EV guitar units are capable of extreme efficiency.

However bass units are subject to the laws of physics
regarding extension, cabinet volume and efficiency.

JBL units are very good quality and your assertion that an
single EV will "blowout" a dozen JBL's is simply not true.

The physics was not the limit.(well, human physics was :faint: ) and this was to point out that ev has a good *real life* sensitivity, even compared to such efficient brands as jbl.
-This was the moment i learned what sensitivity means.

BTW, i didnt know that EV had any guitarseries!? not i bother because for anything above bass i prefer JBL.

Your average guitar speaker maybe :D
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

So I guess I understand it that the original Dayton Series 2 15" is a good driver but does not shine at the frequencies that you need a god PA driver to excel at. If this is the case, could I do something with the enclosure to make the driver work better for this app, like maybe do sort of a horn-loading thing to it or change the ported enclosure a bit to accentuate the right frequencies?

The Paulinator said:
So I guess I understand it that the original Dayton Series 2 15" is a good driver but does not shine at the frequencies that you need a god PA driver to excel at. If this is the case, could I do something with the enclosure to make the driver work better for this app, like maybe do sort of a horn-loading thing to it or change the ported enclosure a bit to accentuate the right frequencies?

If you are willing to try horn, then try a simutation in hornresp.
It is not a typical horndriver, but.. it is worth a try because you may be lucky. ;)
http://www.users.bigpond.com/dmcbean/

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.