Would like advice on my new Seas project

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Re: Re: Re: Simulation Results (Bjorn)

bigerik said:
Hi Bjorn
Measured my distances between woofer and tweeter and came up with about 147mm or so. Is the approx. 10mm difference throw things off a lot?
Thanks again
Erik

No, I wouldn't worry about that.

Here is details of the box I measured the drivers in:

The box outside dimensions:
Front baffle: 20cm wide and 49.6cm high
Box depth: 29.6cm
Edges are trimmed with a roundover-bit r=12mm.

Driver placement:
Both drivers are centered on the vertical axis.
The distance between the drivers centers are 158.5mm
The distance from the top of the baffle to the tweeter centre: 65mm
The distance from the top of the baffle to the woofer centre: 223.5mm

Bjorn

Not TOO huge a difference in box size.
Mine is 45.7cm high by 23cm wide by 25.4cm deep. My corners are regular 90 degree angles. My tweeters are also inset from the woofers, not stacked vertically on the baffle.
Stole a pic from the web to show what they look like....
Erik

Attachments

• proac1.jpg
    proac1.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 678
One last question, Bjorn! (I hope :) )
How big a difference on the tweeter side would there be if I used a 7.1 cap with a .29mh coil instead of the 7.5 and .33 you recommend, leaving all the resistors as you recommended. Just cause I have those parts sitting around....
Thanks!
Erik

bigerik said:
One last question, Bjorn! (I hope :) )
How big a difference on the tweeter side would there be if I used a 7.1 cap with a .29mh coil instead of the 7.5 and .33 you recommend, leaving all the resistors as you recommended. Just cause I have those parts sitting around....
Thanks!
Erik

No problem. The tweeter highpass is moved slightly higher up, but the difference is not more than 1 dB at 2kHz. The drivers are still summing fine.

Bjorn

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.