Would Fosi amps benefit from a better PS

I've been listening to a few of the Fosi amps and like the

Fosi Audio TDA7498E Home Stereo Amplifier Hi-Fi Class D 24V Amp 2 Channel 160W x2​

in particular.

From my experience in upgrading P-S it seems this amp in particular would benefit. Has anyone tried improving on the stock P-S they come with? Any thoughts where to get a decent 24VDC linear P-S perhaps with toroidal transformer?

By way of a bump, I'll add that the supplied PS has a maximum current delivery of 4.5 A.

1708627981886.png

I found this review on Amazon for the

Talentcell 12/24V Lithium ion Battery Pack PB240B2, Rechargeable 35000mAh 129.5Wh Li-ion Batteries with DC 24/12 Volt and 5V USB Output for LED Light Strip, CCTV Camera, Smartphone and More

i hooked this up this battery to a breeze audio mini class d amplifier and it does power the amplifier nice it outperformed the poweradd pilot pro 2

71LJ4pGagpL._SY88.jpg

Talentcell rated at 5 amp output. So it should match the Fosi's 4.5 amp requirement. Talentcell also has 42980mAh and 2240mAh capacity.

Last edited:
As a follow up if anyone cares, I tried this exact combination and it was a big disappointment. I was expecting the sonic equivalent of an electric car or train instant full torque power as compared to fuel powered engine. What I got was less dynamics and a more flat sound. I also tried IFI power elite. Dynamics were the same as the stock PS but put a haze over the music. Not like the Pro-Ject power box that reduced just the noise to allow hearing deeper into thwe music.

Reactions: 1 user