• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Wormhole 9 Octaves Wideband

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Here is that speaker on the Frickelfest.

Attachments

• 48 Dutch room.jpg
    48 Dutch room.jpg
    972.7 KB · Views: 244
Joined 2014
Paid Member
Some think that only a slimm speaker can throw a soundstage that makes the speakers " disappear ". A good example is the ProAc Tablette. That works best in the nearfield i think.
<snip>
. I mean i made my income with slim speakers so i should not complain about them.

Some would claim you created the trend for slim speakers! I was very impressed by the Avanti back in 97, but was outside my price range.

Yes, but it is not an easy material to work with. On the other hand the cabinet as is sounds great. Much better then any system i heard at CES last year.
OK, you know that statement from Linkwitz.
I have the advantage that i attended 300+ shows in my live and i was in the rooms of virtually all famous revievers in this world.
In Germany we say : It is not eaten as hot as it is cooked.

Certainly a better hifi than i had at that age :)
I actually have never found a system as enjoyable since, as the one I got when I was 8 years old from my dad - a Dyna tube amp, Gerard turntable, and a pair of "db" 8 inch paper cone 2-way "book shelf" speakers with paper cone tweeters (alum. dustcap on the tweet).

Listening to that system was fun and never fatiguing - if I try to listen to a pair of high end B&W driven by premium monoblocks with a digital source, I have to put my hands over my ears and leave the store or I'll get a headache...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.