World's Best DAC's

I'd not say DAC differences were 'night and day' - the areas where I've noticed differences are in dynamics, HF clarity and soundstage depth.
So you are referring to audible difference. In that case, how did you do the comparison? I'm asking because all the test results I've seen and read about don't say such things. I'm anxious to discover new data. Thanks in advance.

Your questions have lost me.

The comparisons I talked about not doing were of the side-by-side kind. I'd guess we all make comparisons of a sort when we say 'that daffodil's a light-coloured one' but not by comparing with any specific daffodil more with memories of daffodils in general.

The comparisons I talked about not doing were of the side-by-side kind.
In other words, your statement quoted below is not based on meaningful comparison. Got it. Thanks.
I'd not say DAC differences were 'night and day' - the areas where I've noticed differences are in dynamics, HF clarity and soundstage depth.

Usually the differences are "like night and day" and can even be appreciated by the wife in the kitchen (who MUST NOT be an audiophile for her view to be valid).
The trouble is as many have pointed out, these difference disappear under DBT conditions because the poor little Audiophiles are so stressed they can hardly tell the difference between an 80's soundblaster and a modern day 50K hi-fi. <snip>
:)

No, they don´t disappear in general, but if experimenters don´t want to learn how to do sound controlled listening tests , the results will be most probable that the null hypothesis can not be rejected.

Please remember the experiments on inattentional blindness or inattentional deafness; although we (probably) agree that most particpants were able to detect the difference, up to 50% do _not_ percept the "gorilla" in this example:
Why fast talking double speaking psychopaths get away with it: sustained inattentional blindness | Neurological Correlates

(scroll a bit down to see the picture)

In your next post you got it right:
"......with a DBT you remove sighted bios....."

but every other bias mechanism is still at work, therefore it is quite dangerous to emphasize the "DBT-property" while in fact there is so much more to consider to get correct results in a perception test.

Claims without evidence... What are they called? Hint, it starts with "B".

you should take some crash course on digital audio and be polite when asking things

You need to understand what "Hi-Fi" means when it comes to sound reproducing audio electronics.

i can design and build dacs using some common chips that sounded on par with some well known $2000 units

Last edited:
No, they don´t disappear in general,
Which peer reviewed scientific experiment is this based on?
but if experimenters don´t want to learn how to do sound controlled listening tests ,
Who are those people, can you list some?
the results will be most probable that the null hypothesis can not be rejected.

Please remember the experiments on inattentional blindness or inattentional deafness; although we (probably) agree that most particpants were able to detect the difference, up to 50% do _not_ percept the "gorilla" in this example:
Why fast talking double speaking psychopaths get away with it: sustained inattentional blindness | Neurological Correlates

(scroll a bit down to see the picture)

In your next post you got it right:
"......with a DBT you remove sighted bios....."
So much for that popular "trust your ears" wisdom. :(

Here's an example of visual sense interfering aural sense.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-lN8vWm3m0

but every other bias mechanism is still at work, therefore it is quite dangerous to emphasize the "DBT-property" while in fact there is so much more to consider to get correct results in a perception test.
What are those facts? And which peer reviewed scientific experiment is this based on?

We DA turns the analogue signal into little bits and AD turns the little bits into analogue signal... Near enough :)
Hi-Fi used to mean high fidelity, now it means adding your choice of colouration to differentiate your product from someone else's otherwise by definition all gear would sound the same and reproduce the source warts and all.............