Woden Vampyr-V

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
could you summarize more concisely than that? :D

I found them "typical Fostex" - fast, dynamic and forward, lots of detail, large image scale in the double mouth enclosure - but in Dave's rather large room, certainly benefiting from bass support.

In other words, very good. Four inch speakers are never going to be bass monsters but if a string bass sounds like a string bass, there is really very little to complain about.

In other words, very good. Four inch speakers are never going to be bass monsters but if a string bass sounds like a string bass, there is really very little to complain about.

well the top end of string bass, and most of cello would be fairly convincing, particularly as to the taste/texture of hands on drum skins, or gut strings / wood, and while the 105WK/ Vampyr delivers an impressive scale of image, they won't quite dig as sturdy a foundation as other wide-band drivers such as 165WK, or Alpair 10 /12P - but that's apples and oranges

as Sue would say, "dear, there's always something to complain about :rolleyes:"

well the top end of string bass, and most of cello would be fairly convincing, particularly as to the taste/texture of hands on drum skins, or gut strings / wood, and while the 105WK/ Vampyr delivers an impressive scale of image, they won't quite dig as sturdy a foundation as other wide-band drivers such as 165WK, or Alpair 10 /12P - but that's apples and oranges

as Sue would say, "dear, there's always something to complain about :rolleyes:"

The trick would be to design a better 4 inch driver that is as good as the FF85WK on the high end and FF165WK on the low end. Perhaps a future Alpair 7P could approach this goal. Maybe even Sue would be pleased.

All indications right now point to the 10.3 as being such a driver...

between the A10.3P and A8P (the former likely debuting first), there will indeed be an embarrassment of riches

and FWIW, Sue is far more concerned about the aesthetics of any enclosure to be situated in her room as she is about sonics that I'd be pleased with - so far the Castle Microtowers have been the best compromise we've arrived at during the past 25yrs in this particular house - I think my mom appreciates their performance more than my wife

c-est la vie

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.