• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Wiring PSU and Aikido PCB

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Thread Jacking.....

Charlie,
I'm sorry if I have inadvertently jacked your thread.
You have been where I am recently so I thought you could shed some easy to understand light on how to build this PS.
I thank everyone who had input and suggestions for me. Thank you.
New thread will be started about this Biasing B+ on the Aikido.
I don't want to be a jacker.....No offense Jackinnj. ;)
Ron

Edit:
Fran, the pot in there is as suggested by SY in posts 7 & 11
Ron

Charlie,

I apologize to continue in your thread. Since Sy's post is here, it is more convenient to reply here.

The trim pot that Sy mentioned in post #7 is not for tuning the voltage divider for the heater. You don't need a pot there. The trim pot is used to tune this formula R15 = R16 * (mu - 2) / (mu + 2) as close as possible. For the purpose of fine tuning R15 and R16, diagram 2 is how the trim pot is placed.

Remove the diode, you don't get a B- like that, your B- is the ground which is connected to the bottom of the voltage divider string. If the cap in // to the voltage divider is used to ground the floating heater, then the upper part should be connected to the middle of the divider rather than the B+.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.