Wiring Assistance needed :-(

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I recently go some subs and an amp for a birthday present.
The subs are Boss Extreme 15' DVC Rated for 1800 watts
The amp is a 2 Channel Legacy Icon LA2970BK Rated Peak at 2000watts

My question, or issue that Im running into is this..

I have my Subs Wired positive on VC1 to Positive On VC2 and Negative to negative. Then I am running 1 channel of the Amp to positive and negative of each VC.
Exactly like this picture is showing http://www.custommagnums.com/forums...5-overheating-amp-question-2dvc_4-ohm_2ch.jpg

I can turn the radio on and I have 'some' bass but for 2 15's it should be alot more.

I tried to bridge the Amp so both subs were running bridged, but as soon as I do that and turn my radio up to 3 the Protection on the amp kicks on.

I saw another pic that I can run the Positive of one coil to the negative of the other and then bridge that way?? But I just dont want to ruine anything. Can anyone please assist me in finding out how I can (without getting an expensive amp) wire this up so that I have more bass... Thanks in advance.. Sean

When using a bridged amp you are allowed to use only higher Z loads.
If the amp can manage to drive 2 Ω speakers, the same ( stereo) amp
put to bridge would then drive 4 Ω loads ; protection does the job : too much current flowing in the power devices !
A solution is to put the coils in series, respecting the phase, so - to + ...
Or drive each coil with a single amp ,but that requires doubling of the electronics .

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.