Wireless World article

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.

taj

diyAudio Member
Joined 2005
Zen Mod said:
tnx to forr
next week article will be on:

http://czsr_bac.on.neobee.net/bailey.rar

save his mailbox ;)

Zen Mod,

Much appreciated! Thanks.

Can I make a suggestion/request? Scan it at double that resolution (at least! Maybe 3 times) and I will tweak it for everyone to read and print (and download) beautifully. Save it as PNG (or gif if you can't do png) format instead of JPG if possible. I'll explain why if you want, but you probably don't care.

..Todd (ex graphics/prepress technician)

bailey preamp

hi all

i just would like to know if any body got the artical about A.R Bailey's preamp

if got a bailey pre amp and the power amp (20w 16ohm) and i have to say there arn't many amps if hered that can gif that good a sound when being playd. and it gets aboused about ones a week and after 25 years it still sounds great!!!!

ps the amp now uses tip3055 output transisters

thanks
william weare

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
taj said:

Zen Mod,

Much appreciated! Thanks.

Can I make a suggestion/request? Scan it at double that resolution (at least! Maybe 3 times) and I will tweak it for everyone to read and print (and download) beautifully. Save it as PNG (or gif if you can't do png) format instead of JPG if possible. I'll explain why if you want, but you probably don't care.

..Todd (ex graphics/prepress technician)

sorry-I just slipped your post ;)

usually I'm pretty good in shrinking (I also have little experience in your "ex" thingies ) but this time I was just given with files,so-no scanner involved....;I really even don't remember that I shrinked them or not.....but-this days 1M is not so big,so I just probably didn't bother more

usually I make my scans in 300dpi ,then use Photo Shop CS "save for web" thingie and -if needed- Acro8

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member

Attachments

• AmpBailey1.jpg
    AmpBailey1.jpg
    149.3 KB · Views: 233
  • AmpBailey2.jpg
    AmpBailey2.jpg
    150.6 KB · Views: 214
  • AmpBailey3.jpg
    AmpBailey3.jpg
    165.8 KB · Views: 203
  • AmpBailey4.jpg
    AmpBailey4.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 198
  • AmpBailey5.jpg
    AmpBailey5.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 203
Hi all, I've been inspired to register and post by a visit from an old friend who has a minor issue with this amp.
He built the whole thing, including pre-amp.

His issue, apparently, is with the pre-amp.
There was a correction published by W.World sometime later that was essential for correct operation - he has never found this and cant remember what issue it was in.
It may have been in a letter to the ed. rather than another article or errata section.

The meat of it is that there is a problem with an inductor in the treble cut filter, maybe about 2mH?

Apparently is sort of works but is very tiring to listen to; perhaps its oscillating at some much higher frequency?

Does anyone have the correction?
He still has the original article but lacks the vital info to make it work properly, which is frustrating.

Yours in hope, Jim (acting for Ted)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.