Wire gauge Magnepans

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
@ Wrine

You promised me some high resolution pictures of your rewire of the Tympani ID...

I think Magnepan have runned out the wire for the Tympani tweeters.

There are some faults in the specs sheet.

Oh sorry , i was bussy finishing my CNC machine, and did not look at diyaudio for a while. well all my high res fotos are in the tymphani 1D thread. i did not changed the wires for the tweeters so i dont have pictures of it. i only did the bass with foil. and the speakers are sold by now. the new owner did write me after some listening at his home and he was verry content. he hoped he could keep them :) (wife) i might get a pair where the tweeters are screwed and will make some foto's again. for now im looking for a source of the sires for the SMGA because some how magnepan never anwsers my mails for payment and shipping. i might try and find similair wire near me. although its gone be hard.

Not sure if this will help, but I have redone 6 pairs of Magepans. The models are MG1(2), MG1 Improved(2), MGIIIA and MG3.3R and all three models use the 22 and 32 guage wires. I purchase the wires directly from Magnepan, I wanted to support them in some way since I only buy used Maggies. I also have a pair of MG 1.4s but haven't redone them yet but I am fairly certain they use the same wire diameters.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.