Wire gauge for amplifier's signal level input.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
We have not yet devised ways to measure and explain everything about how electrical conductors sound. If all cable and wire sounded the same then there would be only one kind of wire that we would use. The experience of enjoying audio is subjective, what makes you happy with your system, might not make someone else happy.

I wish I could tell you all the answers for wire, but I cannot, no one can. So why not try different wire and use the one that makes you happy? The whole reason we listen to music is to change the way we feel. Find a wire that makes you feel good listening to your music. Who cares what someone else thinks? Its your enjoyment that matters.

Copper wire:D:D

The whole point, Rick, is that people come on here and ask for advice. So we have the choice of telling them what makes us as individuals happy, or trying to proffer some kind of summary based on the kind of principles that were used to develop record/playback systems in the first place. Or, of course, I can tell you to use palladium, because I own a palladium mining company... ...or feel (that word again) that I have some other vested interest.

That's why we try to avoid communicating subjective impressions, because they're absolutely useless to someone truly looking for advice. If you're just looking to replace one set of prejudices with another, go ahead. Be happy.

If a length of wire changes the sound, shorten it. How short before you can't hear the change?
If a length of wire dosnt change the sound, lengthen it. How long before you can hear a change?
Studios will run audio up and down hundreds of feet of cable with out anyone noticing, yet some people swear they can hear 6 inches of cable. I guess there's comfort in self delusion.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.