WinPCD version 1.0 released

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm not sure how you'd do that in Holm. Maybe there is an option in the in the export dialog.

It displays correctly in Holm and works perfectly in the excel PCD.

Did you also enable the csv format?
I'll consider making a change for that. However, HOLM has many options for export. I can't easily add handling for the multiple possible export options. White space (tab or spaces) is more often the format used in measurement software in my experience.

In the main Measurements tab, you have an Export button. When you go into the "Export response to file" dialog, use the Text Options tab. Select either the Space or Tabular option in the Column Separator section.

Also, in the Frequency tab, the Export Phase has an Unwrap phase checkbox. Just set those two and you shouldn't have any problems.

Dave

I just found this package and so far I'm very impressed, thanks!

It also saves me having to have excel - until I found WinPCD I had to use my work PC (which has excel installed) to do the crossover modelling.

One strange thing however is that my summed response always gets very jagged in the middle at the crossover point - none of the screenshots of other peoples crossovers seem to have this? I'm using files exported by Room EQ Wizard, but the individual responses look fine. Do I have to smooth them even more? I have tried making the files sparser, different increments of Hz, etc, but I still get "the jaggies" at the crossover point.
The PCD excel spreadsheet exhibits the same behaviour.

example of what I am talking about:
main.php

May be window used during measurement

I just found this package and so far I'm very impressed, thanks!

It also saves me having to have excel - until I found WinPCD I had to use my work PC (which has excel installed) to do the crossover modelling.

One strange thing however is that my summed response always gets very jagged in the middle at the crossover point - none of the screenshots of other peoples crossovers seem to have this? I'm using files exported by Room EQ Wizard, but the individual responses look fine. Do I have to smooth them even more? I have tried making the files sparser, different increments of Hz, etc, but I still get "the jaggies" at the crossover point.
The PCD excel spreadsheet exhibits the same behaviour.
I'm glad you like it so far. Since you say that PCD exhibits the same behavior, it's highly likely to have something to do with the data. The jagged response of the individual drivers likely includes rapidly fluctuating localized phase response. This rapidly changing phase of each file as exported from the measurement software may have some error in it.

It may also be that the frequency response that is extended down to 100Hz may be from a window that includes reflections that should not be included, at least for the woofer. If the window is the same for the tweeter, same thing.

I would suggest looking into two areas. Check the window used, the window length may need to be reduced, possibly to 3-3.5 msec maximum. If that is not the issue, smoothing may help.

Please keep me up-to-date with your results.

Dave

follow up:
The measurements from REW have the phase all over the place. Theres something about I need to have a loopback connection to get correct phase, but as I'm using a USB mic I cant do that.
I redid the measurements with Holmimpulse and they look a lot smoother, with a more reasonable looking phase.

The jagged response of the individual drivers likely includes rapidly fluctuating localized phase response. This rapidly changing phase of each file as exported from the measurement software may have some error in it.

Thanks for the fast response! And you were correct, messed up phase from REW was the reason.

Below are the measurements redone with Holmimpulse.. the absolute dB magnitude is off a bit, but relative to each other it now looks OK (slightly different crossover selected):

main.php

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.