Wima MKP vs MKS

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
HaflerFreak

I use to have a Maxwell House coffee can filled with capacitors of the 630 volts @ 5% and a smaller coffee can filled with 400 volts @ 5%.

This is what happen to them.

A guy I knew name Sam, was interested in building Futterman OTL amp. But I talk him into the RCA OTL 25 watt unit.

He bitched all day long that the RCA OTL 25 watt would sound bad compared to the Futterman design. So I built two separate amps using those capacitors. With their own power supplies.

They sounded so sweet..........,

My wife and I was going on vacation to the Oregon Coast. So I gave him the house keys to look over on our pets.

When I returned, I discovered a month later that they were all gone. I ask him about it, and told me that he forgot to close the garage and some one entered and stole things.

Right.

So I lost all of my caps and I am trying to rebuild my supply. Only its much harder than before.

Take Care

Ivey

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.