Why Zaph doesn't test no more?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Göran -

I've been to your site many times - thanks for all the great work you're doing and all the information you are sharing. And for keeping a website up and running.

Ed Perkins

Thank you! :)

I've haven't found the time to update the website as much as I wanted this year, partly because I've been consulting this fine new loudspeaker company in Australia HulgichAudio

I will probably write something about it and my commitment to this work on my website in the future. I also have a couple of designs that might be some kind of commercial loudspeakers under my own brand AudioExcite Loudspeaker Design.

I will though continue to publish driver measurements and some "free" loudspeaker designs.

Regards

/Göran

Yep, very cool site. Thanks Göran for that.

My dream is to find guys like you but for high efficienty products : pro speakers and compressions...

Many would like to know the curves and distorsions, the true Fs or efficienty of many brands : PHL Audio, Audax (some high efficienty products), B&C, Beyma, EV, GreatPlains Audio, Radian, etc, etc, etc....

Some measurements already made by the formers guys we spoke above, but too few products was sended to them (one PHL 17 cm, some Beyma and 18Sounds,..). Some helped a lot on this site like Weltersys for instance with compression drivers benchmarks with the units he had on hands...

Yep, very cool site. Thanks Göran for that.

My dream is to find guys like you but for high efficienty products : pro speakers and compressions...

Many would like to know the curves and distorsions, the true Fs or efficienty of many brands : PHL Audio, Audax (some high efficienty products), B&C, Beyma, EV, GreatPlains Audio, Radian, etc, etc, etc....

Some measurements already made by the formers guys we spoke above, but too few products was sended to them (one PHL 17 cm, some Beyma and 18Sounds,..). Some helped a lot on this site like Weltersys for instance with compression drivers benchmarks with the units he had on hands...

Hi,

Send me them and I measure! :)

Regards

/Göran

Please, don't do this. We are not suckers who wanna suck the blood from the manufacturers. You can't let them to provide a big bunch of free samples. Men should live at least with a little dignity.
If they have nothing to hide, then sending out a couple of free samples will only benefit them in the long run. I see nothing wrong with this as long as they're not sending free drivers to every Tom, Dick, or Harry that asks for them.

For PHL many of their drivers have been tested in Hobby Hifi and Klang+Ton.

You can find these tests on the German distributor's site: Aktuelles (scroll down).

Yes, That's true. I'm a subscriber of both the Klang & Ton and Hobby & Hifi magazines since many years, in fact ever since the Hobby & Hifi started.

They are great magazines and I recommend everyone to buy them. There is none like them in the rest of the world, what I know of at least.

My comment earlier was referring to that I think it's a shame that the manufacturers can't have more detailed specs to show.

Regards

/Göran

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.