Why SI?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Basic Mods

Use the Michael Mardis website. The easiest "Input" implementation is version three. I love the sound of the the 2.2 MFD Auricaps for the input capacitors, but any good film will suffice..

In addition, consider replacing and/or augmenting C10, as stated in an earlier post in this thread. You can add capacitance to C10 from beneath the cap on the bottom of the PCB.

If you use a soldering pencil you should have no problem with the modifications. I suggest that a length of small gauge wire (a wire from a stranded wire) be used for the the bridging of the caps called for in the mods. The use of the wire minimizes the amount of heat applied to the board. Just snip the wire after the solder bridge is made across the pads.

There are websites that show how to take apart the SI and a few that show how to implement the mods in the SI case. If you need the specific sites you may message me directly or post here and I will posts the sites on this thread.

You could always cheat and buy the SI Super T if you didn't want to do the mod work yourself. Depending upon the playback source, I get plenty of bass. But you still must use high efficiency speakers, though (I am a DIY speaker builder, so I do have some very efficient speakers).

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.