Why doesn't someone make a modern analog optical disc format for audio?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I think the public appreciates high quality video. Vinyl sales are increasing. I think there is appreciation for good quality analogue sound and anything which is high quality. So a long as the price of the final product is affordable for the masses. I think this is viable

recording in the digital domain is far superior to what you could ever hope to achieve using tape. the problem is that digital to analogue vinyl got a bad rap in the 80/90's when the DAC's were rubbish but today's are much much more advanced. problem is that its not being utilised when it comes to mastering as almost every single studio is compressing the shizz out of everything aka 'loudness wars' so it sounds better on portable and or cheep music playback devices.

if digital to analogue vinyl masters were properly done then you would be shouting from the rooftops about the quality being superb.

Also I think many people would disagree with you that newer dacs sound better than old ones. Got an example of a modern perfect sounding dac? Something I can buy right now?
Nobody can answer this question.

Now if digital is so superior why do so many complain about its sound?

If the sound potential is so high why is this not apparent in the end product?

yes i agree that the music industry is intent on supplying lower quality reproduction music. but there is nothing you or i can do about it so why worry. i personally will leave that to the upcoming generation to argue with the music industry about it.

there is no such thing as 'perfect' music reproduction via electronic device it ALL has faults. the only time you will hear what it should sound like is to be there.

people can disagree all they want after all its freedom of speech and all that jazz.

people complain about digital sound just like some people complain about the cost of bread in the shops.. because they want to.

technology moves on but there are still people under the illusion that the older stuff was better. i myself was an avid vinyl advocate until recently when i stopped worrying about the equipment and instead started enjoying the music. yes i like good quality music reproduction but thats all it is 'reproduction' no matter what format i use.

there is a simple remedy to your problem.. if you dont like what you you hear in terms of sound quality when you buy a new 'album' then return it and tell them why you dont like the sound quality, or just dont buy new music. if everyone done that then the music industry would have to do something different but i would not hold my breath. its all about money nothing more nothing less and the more money they can squeeze out joe public the better.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.