Why does fuse keep blowing

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hi,

i have a brutus bx1500d and it stopped working. the blue letters with hifonics are working fine but the green led doesn't turn on only the red one for just one second and then it stop-s. A friend of mine who is electrician had check the power part of the amplifier and he sais it's ok. What could be the problem? Where i can fiind an service in Romania? Can i procure the electrical scheme of this model? i saw that one of the members has the electrical wire diagram...can you help me pls?

Have you looked inside to see if the board is intact and not burned in anyway ???
If the board is damaged I would toss it in the garbage Once the board becomes conductive the circuit stability is at risk.

My documents are in hard copy only, so I can't e-mail them to you. I don't own a scanner, there built worse the car amps so I never invested in one.:whazzat:

I can be reached by PM / email though DIY if you like....:)

The amp has relay protection for the speakers if the red led is on the speakers never connected because the relay never engaged making the circuit complete.

This amp had to have relay protection or it would most certainly toasted anything hooked up to it in failure mode. Plus it takes a few second for the relay to engage even when there is nothing wrong with the amp. It can be heard as a reasonable loud click inside the amp. But with the protection triggered the relay most likely has never connected a load to the amp since its failure...

The protection is in two sections, 1 being the HIP-4080AIP chip has a enable out that must be satisfied or the amp will never come out of start up protection, and 2 the power supply section must clear all of its checks and balances to enable the the amp out of start up protection.

I would start looking for broken leads to all the power devices which is the most common failure mode. Then I would ohm out all the power devices. Anything shorted needs to be replaced.
If the shorted devices are the any of the 8 output Fets then along with replacing them in pairs, I would look at replacing the HIP-4080AIP chip also.

You can't miss it just look for the only socketed IC in the middle of the board. Its the only socketed IC I have seen in 25 years or service so, there was some thinking behind the socket thing.

Shorted outputs, failed HIP-4080AIP chips, Broken leads, Blown power supplies, and shorted Mylar caps, and bad solder joints are pretty much run of the mill failures for these amps.

Do yourself a favor if you get it running try to RTV a large block of hard rubber material underneath the center of the circuit board to prevent the board from flexing and breaking the leads of the power devices. The builders did not support the PCB in a worthwhile manner and it cause lead frame failures. In subsequent later models they addressed this issue by vertical mounting the devices, but they still fail from lead fracture....

:) :) :) :)

1moreamp is the bomb! Very helpful! And gives more of himself than anyone I know! Glad to have found you again. As it looks like the Syndicate is down.
Anyway I can't PM yet cuz I am a newb...so thought I'd say hey to ya here.
Hope to speak to you soon! I for some reason can't find your real email address. So if you still have mine...send me a line! Curious what we can do about our project!?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.