why bass is tight and controlled on SS than chipamps like lm3886?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Even if you use 0,5 ohm resistors an imbalance of only one volt for whatever reason

Could you please give an example of "whatever reason" as i cannot think of anything capable of introducing a volt of imbalance.

And also an example of JR's use of multiple servos as i only see examples with multiple pots.

Thank you.

Attachments

• jr_12_4.jpg
    jr_12_4.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 174
Last edited:
Disabled Account
Joined 2015
The unbalance occurs with gain . Each has two 1% resistors . If you consider only one pair paralleled than 4% error in gain can occur. If the output is 30v than an unbalance of 1.2v is presented to 2 x0.1 ohms , draining 6A . This why it is the gains that should be adjusted .

Sorry to disagree . Even if you use 0,5 ohm resistors an imbalance of only one volt for whatever reason will impose a current of 0,5 amps supplied or sunk by the two amps whose outputs are balanced and 1 amp sunk or supplied by the third one which is not and fighting against the other two. Unless you measure differences in temperature with a sensors on top of each chip and simultaneously even then you will not get the actual temp of the die but an averaged outside temperature. One amp in third chip at a rail voltage of 24 volts : do the math yourself..... and at 36 Volts worse still so all I can do is say dont do it even if the customer doesnt want to spend whats truly necesary as when it fails and it will fail YOU will be the one who is blamed....... just explain the maths to the customer.
you do not need expensive op-amps as servos and this plus a few resistors and a small capacitor or two do not cost much compared to the cost of what you are building.
Jeff Rowlands uses them and even the cheap chinese copy mentioned does use TL027s

Do you think I didn't test it properly? ;) I abused the lab prototype in many ways. It's interesting the input currents are slightly different between the chips, although the trimming matches them well, minimizing the offset.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.