why are old school amps worth so much?

ok well im UBER lost i have this OLD 1989 clarion 200A 25w+25w power amplifier and of course the back sticker was removed and that i cannot find anything on here its realy ****ing me off and that i want to use it but i cant please email me wuith some info or a manuel for it >.<

dropzero said:
ok well im UBER lost i have this OLD 1989 clarion 200A 25w+25w power amplifier and of course the back sticker was removed and that i cannot find anything on here its realy ****ing me off and that i want to use it but i cant please email me wuith some info or a manuel for it >.<

Is that the booster? I have one here I'll look at the number. Many of those older small amps have wires for speakers and also wires for high level input. Usually they are green for left and black stripe for neg. Most of the time the two neg speaker wires will be connected inside and speaker output may be larger gauge. Some only have three wires input for common ground. This one I have has some extra wires connected to itself for what input you use, changes gain or something I'm not sure. You should probably start a new thread for this.

hmmm mybe but this thing is old 1989 old lol i want to use it cuz i got 2 cheap 8inch subs and a boost of 25w is better then nothing :p its going in my little civic so its nothing speacal
on the back without the harness is 2 Black i strand of white/white black strip and grey/grey with black strip coming out of the unit and the harness has grey blackstrip, white blackstip, red with fuse, grey, white, black, blue if anyone knows anything about this dam thing email me at bladesee213@msn.com

My new OS amp arrived today!!!!

The Sony XES-M50 (the holy grail of Sony amps) to bad Sony went the other direction....they had a real chance to do something right.

This is by far my most rare amp....I have been looking for one of these for about 2 years!!!

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

http://photos-g.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-snc1/v276/69/50/1114496579/n1114496579_30097470_8046.jpg

outside

http://photos-a.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-snc1/v276/69/50/1114496579/n1114496579_30097472_8690.jpg

Check out those copper washers and screws on the trans..
Crazy gold legs on the caps

amc32 said:
I'm talking about the Furi and Soundstream amps
Only for the right price as I have a couple rubicons and too many odd amps...though not near as many as some here, not even close. I have not used the SS amps yet either; want to try those and sets of HK, Nak, alpine, LP, maybe some others and some new amps too. Well you know I had planned on having that done by now but no time yet. Have to rewire the car and that is holding me up, wire new HU and more amp wire. Never cut your amp wiring to size if you are me....:smash: Then I will know for sure they all sound the same right, lol!

I'm with Jonny... I've got quite a few items I'm going to be selling off and I'd hate to ebay all of it... it's gonna take *hours* to type it all in. Besides that, I'd rather give you guys first crack at it.

Do you think the powers that be would mind if we posted a "Hey guys, check out the Trading Post" post? I surely don't want to aggravate anyone's day...

Who should we ask about the sticky thread?