Who has made an impact in the world we live?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ok on a more personal level.... the trigger for me to start down the DIY audio journey was the POOGE articles Walt Jung and others. I bought a soldering iron and a bag of parts and opened my Philips CdP. The rest as they say is history.

Every book, magazine, web site and news group I have read, google search, i count hundreds if not thousands of hours spent on this hobby. Spends so much money too over the years, parts, tools, test gear, audio gear... all for the hobby and from that first satisfaction of the change made to that cdp.

Since then my entire system is diy, from the source to the speakers and everything in between.

Sure i could have bought a decent off the shelf system with the money spent, could have spent the reading and analysis/experimenting time listening to music off that commercial system instead of reading but I didn’t.

All thanks to those articles. There were other influencial people and material later along my journey but All came after.

Cheers
Paba

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.